Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting rid of my TT Supra and getting an evo. I need a sorta family car... lol.

The car I'm looking at is an Evo4 rs, White. 38K miles, engine rebuilt to evo6 spec to allow 21psi,walbro,decat,big downpipe,evo8actuator,every sensor new,evo5 interior,evo5 or 6 wheels.

Can anyone enlighten me on the world of evo's, what should I expect from the rs? Seems a decent spec.

cheers

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,884 Posts
The shorter gear box might annoy you if you're after a family runaround type thing. The one you're looking at seems a bit of a hatchet job too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also....

The short gearbox isn't an issue. It's really not intended as the family car, more of a drive 1mile to work car and my toy. We have a golf for the family car.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Jim_1979 said:
Thinking of getting rid of my TT Supra and getting an evo. I need a sorta family car... lol.

The car I'm looking at is an Evo4 rs, White. 38K miles, engine rebuilt to evo6 spec to allow 21psi,walbro,decat,big downpipe,evo8actuator,every sensor new,evo5 interior,evo5 or 6 wheels.

Can anyone enlighten me on the world of evo's, what should I expect from the rs? Seems a decent spec.

cheers
One thing I can almost guarantee, you won't look back :crackup:

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
just ask the question mate who rebuilt it

i suppose apart from that look at the history and obviously a hpi check

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
well go for it mate :)

i guarantee you will have fun if you do have it ;)

have you looked at the for sale section on here theres a few going up just latley

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just txt'd the bloke asking when rebuilt, who done it etc.

I have a 1994 Supra TT Auto (full BPU) and need a bigger car. Just thinking of swapping for this just for sheer easyness rather than flogging the supra first etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What's "plating"? ... as per his original advert.

Also what are "lash adjusters" ?... easy to sort out them out if tickey? Would they cause any problems of not seen too?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts