Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all Evo IV owners - have any of you experienced the following problem:
I've recently been doing a lot of motorway miles (boring but necessary), and obviously I've been travelling at rather more than the national speed limit wherever possible, 'cos motorways are dull places to be at the best of times (although wet slip roads can be a laugh). Anyway, none of this would be very interesting if it weren't for the fact that I've just noticed that the rear spoiler on the car has become deformed, presumably by the heat created during extended high speed running being transferred to the spoiler via the tail-pipe mounting bracket that's fixed to the back of it. Call me picky if you want, but I'm less than impressed by the idea of a 150mph super-saloon that starts melting every time you drive it up the motorway....obviously Colt Car Co will be hearing about this, but I just wondered if anyone else had had similar problems. Let me know....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that you will probably find that some has been sitting or leaning on your spoiler to deform it. I have had my car for 20 months and even with all of the flame-outs and high speed travelling, plus a few high speed spins and two 'sudden decelerations' the spoiler is still prefect.

Regards
Markja

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I should've said 'bumper' as in the bodykit section immediately above the tailpipe, as opposed to 'spoiler' which would lead you to think that my bootlid spoiler was deformed (which would be scary...)Must try harder on this terminology stuff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oooHHHEERRR.

Sounds like flame out problem,just what I have been trying to achieve with ot the melt down.

cheers

Paul s

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....so I took the car to my local Ralliart dealer this morning, and with it up on the ramp and some more of the winter dirt cleaned off the shape of the deformity revealed itself to be quite similar to that of a steel toe-capped boot. I'll leave you to guess the rest...either that or some wifey in an 'MPV' twatted it in Tesco's car park and buggered off without saying anything. Either way, it tests your faith in human nature doesn't it? Sometimes I wonder whether its worth owning anything nice - but a quick blast up the A30 usually cheers me up....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B**tard!
Yeah I get paranoid about leaving my E6 anywhere and its not as if I live or go to 'dodgey' areas. Unfortunately Evos are targets for the living brain donors that are out there. I assume they think they are 'doing over' a rich person by damaging an Evo. I am not exactly rich I just saved up long and hard for my dream motor. I leave my car a bit dirty it sort of discourages vandalism, well I like to think it does and its an excuse not to wash it so often....http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
I think you probably find that as you said someone ran into it in Tescos. A woman ran into the front wing and door of my old car, a Mk1 MR2 (I told you I wasn't rich!) at low speed (not in a supermarket though). She got out and thought she hadn't even damaged it when it would be bloody obvious to anyone that they had, lets just say I had to put her straight as well as the car! Just resprayed too!
Sorry to hear of the damage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts