Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking the plunge big-time... a 24hr race at Snetterton this weekend!

I've always been into track days, I got my race licence last year with the intention of doing Caterham racing this year. But I'm loosing my job in September so I put it on hold. Instead I'm the accredited photographer this year for the Caterham Graduates Racing Club which I'm really enjoying and keeping close to it at the same time ( http://photographynorthwest.com ).

I saw an advert where they were wanting an extra driver (to make up a team of 4) for the 24hr race and I applied and they gave me the drive!!!

Not as glam as Le Mans by any stretch but still a proper 24 hour race. Can't wait!!! No doubt a report and pics will be posted on my website when it happens.

Dave

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I've not watched them do the 24hr, but round the club circuit at Brands it was very close racing and fun to watch. Especially as almost every corner was on 2 or 3 wheels :D
Although scrutineering (sp?) seem to take some of the cars to pieces and then leave them for the teams to sort :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Dave

Good luck with this. I 've competed in this 6 times in the past at Mondello Park and had two 4th place finishes. Fantastic fun despite the slow speeds and as you say very close racing.

Hardest part for me always was trying to motivate yourself at 4 in the morning to get back in the car for a 2.5 hour stint when you are dog tired. Tried to kip in between stints but never seemed to manage it.

One tip for you - before you get in the car for a night stint wear sunglasses for about half an hour. I found out quickly that you couldn't see anything for the first few laps because your eyes had adjusted to the bright pit lights.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well done Dave - that looks SO much fun !
Let us know when your next outing is and I'll try to come support. I'd so love to do that too, soon I'll get enough sorted to get my ticket etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts