Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Some of you may remember me from about 3 years ago. My 8MR 340 was used in the comparison test against the 400 ( oh happy days ). Well about 2-1/2 years ago I sold my 8mr, and moved with the missus to the USA. Well now I am back, and I am looking forward to getting back into Evo motoring. Just been over to the local dealers for the lowdown on all things new in the evo world, and now need to make my mind up between an evo 9 mr 360 or an evo 10 360.

I am not really into the whole modding thing, and so am feeling that the 360 is the way to go. Went out for a test ride ( not drive as I forgot my licence - d'oh ), and had a nice chat with Raj-uk ( thanks mate - hopefully see you again ).

What is the general feeling of these two models. Obviously the 10 is the newer model, but it is also considerably more expensive ( although it does come with full servicing and interest free credit )

Can I have your thoughts please.

Cheers
Darren

P.s. Who is still around then. Aidy ( never to be forgotten )/ Maken ( Did I spell that right ) / DaveG ( awesome trip in your TME )

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didnt you like it in the US of American:confused:
Hi Mate,

Yes it was OK. Spent two years driving a Dodge Charger SRT-8 which was cool, but it was just not home. Plus my wifes parents and my dad are getting older ( we are both only children ), and we felt that at this time in our lives we should be closer to home. The experience was good, but looking at the economy over there now, I think we made the right decision.

Anyway, how about some car advice LOL

Daz

·
Registered
526 Posts
hey mate, nice to be back here ! :smthumbup
there are some very good examples in the "marketplace" right here.
the difference between 9 and 10 is very big. first of all, clean your finances and check what you got in the wallet. ;)
if you have the money you´ll be better buying the "X" :naughty:
so check out here.... http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=248142
wish you the best.....the MLR receives you with open arms....everytime :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Hey up Daz!

Sounds like things have gone full circle for you!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in the States but in my book family comes first, must of been a difficult decision for you both to make ;)

I'd say go for the X 360 as the IX MR will be too similar to your old VIII although it's still a craking car :smthumbup

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey up Daz!

Sounds like things have gone full circle for you!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in the States but in my book family comes first, must of been a difficult decision for you both to make ;)

I'd say go for the X 360 as the IX MR will be too similar to your old VIII although it's still a craking car :smthumbup
Hi Mate,

Thanks for the kind words. The decision was indeed a big one, but to be honest, it was not a hard one to make. I have my own opinion of the USA ( which I will keep to myself ), but at the end of the day, for me at least, family comes first. We both look back with very warm memories of our time in Atlanta, and alot of people have said that we must have been mad to return. All I say is " walk a mile in my shoes, then tell me how you feel". May sound a little melodramatic, but believe me, the grass is not always greener LOL

Take care
Daz

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
..and there goes my nomination for the most random post of 2009. :D
Actually Razor, this is not at all randon LOL.

When we returned around 6 months ago, I urgently needed transportation for my other passion ( RC Helicopters ), and so bought a Vauxhall Antara 4x4.

Yes I know, before any of you say it LOL

The only question is, who is mandarin, and how does he know about my current beast LOL

Mandarin, are you Nick ?

Daz

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey mate, nice to be back here ! :smthumbup
there are some very good examples in the "marketplace" right here.
the difference between 9 and 10 is very big. first of all, clean your finances and check what you got in the wallet. ;)
if you have the money you´ll be better buying the "X" :naughty:
so check out here.... http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=248142
wish you the best.....the MLR receives you with open arms....everytime :smthumbup
Hi Dyno,

The deals around at the moment are really cracking. I would like a UK car and it must be as standard as possible. As I said, went to the local dealer yesterday, and together with a used 10 360 at a good negotiable price, interest free credit and servicing included, the deal is very good indeed.

Daz

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
What is the general feeling of these two models. Obviously the 10 is the newer model, but it is also considerably more expensive ( although it does come with full servicing and interest free credit )

besides the x costing £15.000 more! and it weighs 200 kg more, than a 9 the road tax costs more it uses more fuel!

so unless you have plenty ££££££££££ buy a 9

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Get a vauxhall 4x4
Ha Ha, finally managed to track you down GREG :D

Yes mate, the 4x4 has to go, and I am sure to be re-joining the evo club quite soon. Have you finished that 6 yet ;)

Daz

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
u forgot to say that you want a standard car ... so no to the idea of modding a base 300 ?

X has the nice safety measures for easy foot to the floor roundabout antics

so I guess if you can afford the X 360 then get one of those ?

oh and hi Darren ... nice chatting to you yesterday

:)

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
oh and re: the chat we had at Reading Mitsi about differences between a 9 360 and a 9 MR 360 :

***snip***

The list isn't definitive, but it gives a good idea of what the MR FQ360 has over the FQ360:

• Self-levelling headlights
• No additional alarm fob (built into key);
• Ralliart Wing Mirrors (on some models)
• New turbo with titanium aluminium alloy turbo fins and reduction in compressor inlet diameter (15.5)
• 17in, 11-spoke Speedline Turini alloy wheels
• Privacy glass
• Lowered ‘Eibach’ coil springs – 10mm front / 5mm rear
• Aluminium scuff protectors in the door frames
• Piano black dash inserts
• Available in Gunmetal Grey, not available in Black, yellow or blue.

***snip***

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I finally gave up fighting the urge :D

Got myself an EVO X FQ360.

Pick her up on Friday, Oh how this week is going to drag.

Thanks for all the comments guys, and a special thanks to Raj ( and your companion - great girl by the way ) for putting up with my indecisiveness.

Looking forward to my first meet already.

Daz :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 38 Posts