Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
No as an experiment I would take the £50k budget buy a FQ260 for £15k and see what I could do to it with the remaining £35k to make it over and above the FQ400 documenting it all for the MLR of course :D

Reckon I could get a nice 450/450 power/torque figure with trick suspension, brakes, bodywork, wheels, roll cage, fancy interior etc etc :cool:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
eeerrrrrmmmmm.

you cant have a twin turbo on a 4 cylinder car. doh!

well seeing as though im gonna be rolling in it soon and the evo's

already done its a helicopter for me. the ultimate toy. :cool:

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
wellywells said:
Woul you buy an fq400, I know I would along with a ferrari aswell!!
would i umm nope i would have a supercar or maybe a helicopter

but then again i dont need to win i have loads of money

im well wich ya no me :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would buy a robin ralliant, max it up big time, and beat every1 at 10 of the best ,just to p*** every1 off :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definatly have an aston martin vanquish as part of my collection. The fq400 would just be a toy to p*** the lambo and ferrari boys off. Then if they turned round and said my ferrari cost this much and its a classic etc etc, you could turn round and say yeah i know I have a couple of ferrari's a lambo and an aston!! lol

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
wellywells said:
yeah wht does it need to be a 6 cylinder, i dont know much about cars but i might aswell ask
I don't think our Johnny has heard of sequential turbos before ;)

Andy

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
buy loads of land and put a track on it, fishing lakes, quad track, off road bike course and off road car/ 4x4 track. And loads of new toys.

Then whilst Neil was off fishing I could be playing.

·
Underground mapper
19,830 Posts
The new Mazdaspeed Mazda 6 is rumoured to have a 4 cylinder twin turbo setup as well. Should be interesting :D

Andy

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Leonard said:
Nice twin turbo on the RX7 and thats 3 cylinder isnt it :confused:
It's a zero cylinder. Rotaries are a whole different ball game (it does have 2 rotors at 665cc each for a whopping 1.3l of fury) ;)

Oh and exactly what is stopping people putting a turbo per 2 cylinders? Just make sure they are properly paired (1,2 and 3,4 assuming firing order is 1,3,2,4) and it's no different to turboing each bank of a V8. You just need to make sure they are both smaller turbos because they'll only be getting 1/2 the exhaust gas.

If I won the lottery? I'd go for a super turbo setup with a smallish supercharger that gets used to help spool up a big turbo earlier. You could get a GT3036 up to 2bar by 3000 if you specced it right, I reckon :D

I'd also go buy a GT500 Mustang for the hell of it. Or maybe a 70s Corvette Stingray. Or maybe a Cerbera Speed 12. Something with more cylinders than sense and that can eat rear tyres without trying, anyway :cool:

Edit: I'd also buy 2 td05-16g6s to put on my brothers Jag just for comedy value. I reckon we could get him to 600bhp and 650ftlb running them at 1 bar :D

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
It's a zero cylinder. Rotaries are a whole different ball game (it does have 2 rotors at 665cc each for a whopping 1.3l of fury) ;)

:blush: Perhaps I was thinking rotors :confused:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts