Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:If you had unlimited $, u wanted

Mclaren F1...with the BMW engine (come on Claudius bite you bugger ;))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re:If you had unlimited $,

Evo 7 Extreme which is why I take delivery of one in a weeks time!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pah! You guys have no imagination! :)

Take something like a Cinquecento Sporting or Yaris. Give it the full Gp.N treatment to sort the handling out and shoehorn in a blueprinted 1600 (K-series??), perhaps with turbocharger. With about 180bhp in and amp;lt;800kg and traction control (or maybe even 4WD conversion? Money no object remember!), nothing could beat you in or around town! Even motorways should be a drag with a high 25mph/1000rpm top from your 6-speed Xtrac box. Hell, imagine whizzing past Mr.911 at 150 in one of these!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unlimited

Evoboy and HH6,

Let me tell you something. You think a Ferrari is fast because it is expensive. Try one, they are as slow as my TME. But the roadholding is shít.

Now the McLaren F1 LM is a supercar, fast on fast tracks, couldnt beat an Evo on twisty roads, for how many times the money?

Think about how fast and cheap a JUN Evo is compared to these low, uncomfortable, cant-see-****-cars that spin around when you floor them? And then tell us again what you would get.

If I were to spend that much, I would get a roll cage and the whole thing welded together, stiffer, etc.

You want to know what modified street car is faster than a JUN Evo around Suzuka? - Simple, nothing.

How did that feel HH6? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Claudius,

You've obviously driven a McLaren F1 LM ... So, tell us, what was it like? Which fast track did you take it on?

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you had unlimited $, u wanted to supe up a car

Only WRC car that's all

1 lancer WRC newest model
2 subaru WRC ,, ,,
3 Peugeot WRC ,, ,,
4 Ford WRC ,, ,,

loose the skoda

And a mc laren F1 LM for my dad he loves that car ----- and amp;gt; so i could test drive also once in a while :D

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Supe op a car

Basic car would be a BMW M1, with the suspension swapped for a fine-tuned suspension from the new M3. Then engine would be the 3.2 liter inline six from the M3, which would be bored and stroked to 4.0 liters. The valves would be replaced by beryllium alloy radial valves, and the pistons would be replaced by new titanium pistons with extremely short skirts. The connecting rods would be replaced by new titanium ones; the valve springs removed in favor of a pneumatic system. Of course, the engine would have all new cylinder heads. It'd have a variable geometry intake and new shaft-driven cam-shafts. Of course, it'd have new headers, intake and amp; exhaust manifolds, and a huge new after-cat exhaust system. The exhaust system would include a phase-change catalytic converter, which actually improves performance. The engine would have a completely new micro-controller for higher performance, VANOS, variable valve lift, variable intake and exhaust manifold timing, and variable camshaft timing. Then I'd bolt on two sequential 30 psi turbos with variable thrust nozzels and electric motors to keep them spooled up. I'd add a variable 50 to 300 hp shot nitrous oxide system as well as a water/methanol injector designed for a constant stream to provide an extra 200hp available at all times. Hmm...the basic engine mods would probably get the engine to some 850 horsepower, the turbos would add another 350hp, the injector another 200, so 1400 horse power when nitrous oxide is not in use. Not bad, not bad at all. The body would be remade in carbon fiber to be more aerodynamic, weigh less, and provide more downforce; a new two-element, variable rear wing would be on. The wheels would be new, 20inch diameter and 13 inch wide 3-spoke magnesium wheels with some serious low profile tires. I'd have 18 inch slotted and cross-drilled ceramic brake discs with 8 piston calipers and carbon carbon brake pads. As for the transmission, I'd use Borg-Warner's new 7 speed transmission and electromagnetic clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re:If you had unlimited $, u a car

Claudius,
A word from the wise (not me then :)):-

My m8 has an F40 , I drove it when standard and trust me , u wud die in an attempt 2 stay with it anywhere in an Evo , but now it is upgraded 2 775 bhp with over 650 ftlb , with full race suspension and brakes , special aero package etc ect , it will utterly waste anything I know of on this planet.
Remember , the standard car wud pull 211 mph ;)

As 4 the Merc , same applies , standard it's in excess of 200 per , with mid-range of collosal magnitude.

Evo's r sex , but they can b beat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re:If you had unlimited $, u wanted to supe up a c

If money was no object I would have the following cars parked im my garage:
Ferrari F40 with the Upgrated KKK turbos
Dino 246GT
Lamborghini Miura
McLaren F1 LM
Pagani Zonda S
E7 WRC
New BMW 7 series...and take a little visit to Hartge
and what the hell...might as well have that new Maybach for long trips.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re:If you had unlimited $, u car

Oki,
Nice list , seems 2 b something missing tho........Brabus Merc ? :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Evoboy,

Slight correction ... the top speed of a standard F40 is 201mph. There's no way on earth it would be able to make 211mph, it would need around 550bhp for that.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VEILSIDE SKYLINE 1360bhp

JUN EVO VI TME (I would ask them to make one for me but it would have all the gr.n silentblocs and ohlins)
800bhp

Agree with Claudius:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re:If you had unlimited $, u wanted to

If you had unlimited $ you would start with an Evo? http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Remember we are talking UNLIMITED money here, the base car would have to track orientated and not rally orientated, then again you could start with pretty much any old muppet motor and build a monster by replacing everything but its best to start off with a good base.
It would have to be mid engine (50/50 weight distribution), RWD or 4WD, ultra lightweight with decent aerodynamics. The Evo is just one of those - 4WD.
F40 and Mclaren F1 LM come pretty close out of the box and it wouldn't take too much to make them the ultimate.

All credit to you Claudius for trying to defend the Evo, thats dedication for you ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A modified Bugatti EB110 Supersport would be nice, Pagani Zonda S, Maserati Shamal,Jaguar XJ220,Porsche RUF ,obvious a JUN evo or something alike and a Hummer is fun too I think but there will always be more toys...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EVO RULEZ

OK, as I said, you guys read magazines and they tell you how fast Ferraris are. You all need to come to Monaco and try them out, I have friends working at hotels, they always have a few there (not talking about 355s). My best friend takes all the cars out for a ride, and he tells me how fun (sliding, Andre) the Maranello is, but that doesnt mean it is efficient on the road.

A guy MAXI and I know bought an F50. You know why? For the same reason you would buy one if you had the money, because you think it is fast. Now guess what? He went back to Modena, left the car and told them it was SLOW, that he was really disappointed for so much money, etc. He got it modded to 750 bhp or something (MAXI, any details?). You guys seem not to believe me because you think I'm a freak or wrong or what's your problem??

Evoboy, you mentioned Mercedes, same for you oki, not talking to you anymore, there's no point. No point in talking to a lot of people here, BTW. Not only SLOW, but narrow-minded and SLOW! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Claudius,

The F50 you are talking about is prepared by a Ferrari dealer near modena, and it has magnesium 18 speedlines, a switch in the steering wheel to change the gears without releasing throttle and the engine is prepared to 660bhp with the carbon air scope out of the engine.

It does from 0 to 100km/h in 3.5 seconds.

Now it's a fast car but it's the best one you can get from ferrari and it's not standard:D
A bugatti eb110 or a clk gtr should be really fast and fun to drive but I think that Heave Ho 6 say that with unlimited $ he would start with a track car.
In UK ther is a lot of people that really like to use the car in the track, but that's not what me and Claudius are looking for.
We want a car that is fast in rally stages, and I think that a 500bhp evo with all the things as ohlins,motec,ap will be faster than almost anything else.

Now I think that I would prefer a lot of other cars for track, as a lotus 340r but also bugatti,ferrari or porsche.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.