Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Recently I had a GReddy Profec B boost controller installed into my EVO4 Lancer. LOW setting at 0.8bar and HIGH setting to 1.1bar. I have a blitz BOV too - the newer version. The problem is that my mechanic said the BOV is actually slightly open during idle. Thus (I am guessing), it is leaking pressure and hence my idle has dropped. It usually sits around 850rpm. But now, it drops to 800rpm. If I put the air conditioning on, it can drop to 650rpm! So, I had the BOV tightened to maximum. The car now idles OK, but as the BOV is on the tightest setting, it rarely blows off. This is quite annoying as it's like I don't have a VTA BOV at all!!

My question is. Does anyone have similar problems? Or is it just the Blitz BOV? Are there any other BOVs that are better? I've heard that the Japanese type BOVs have soft springs and thus are harder to blow off . Someone please help.

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Buy the HKS elctronic idle stabilizer and your problems will be solved !

RRP £95|PLS|vat|PLS|del , give me a shout and ill work you out a nice deal http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Justin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts