Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - ive had my battery disconnected for 3weeks on my Evo8 and just reconnected it, went out for a short drive and it's idling approx 400rpm and stalling when i stop at junctions too - also coasted towards petrol station in neutral about 40mph and it cut out on me freewheeling too, im having to brake on the handbrake and keep the revs up at the minute to avoid stalling, even on start up it will cut out again unless i rev it but at the moment i have it ticking over about 400again but its since risen to normal just parked on my drive. Would it be in need of a good long journey or connected to the battery issue in some way ?:smthumbup

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Hey everyone - ive had my battery disconnected for 3weeks on my Evo8 and just reconnected it, went out for a short drive and it's idling approx 400rpm and stalling when i stop at junctions too - also coasted towards petrol station in neutral about 40mph and it cut out on me freewheeling too, im having to brake on the handbrake and keep the revs up at the minute to avoid stalling, even on start up it will cut out again unless i rev it but at the moment i have it ticking over about 400again but its since risen to normal just parked on my drive. Would it be in need of a good long journey or connected to the battery issue in some way ?:smthumbup
doesn't it need resetting (idle) if batt is disconnected or run flat?

·
Registered
11,773 Posts
base idle needs reseting, i was told this when mine was doing exactly the same mate, leave on idle for 10 mins with everything off then idle for 10 mins with heater and lights on for 10 mins, worked on mine, still got the occasional drop in revs, but 2 weeks on of driving its cured:smthumbup if it doesn't work base idle on ecu will need resetting.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
base idle needs reseting, i was told this when mine was doing exactly the same mate, leave on idle for 10 mins with everything off then idle for 10 mins with heater and lights on for 10 mins, worked on mine, still got the occasional drop in revs, but 2 weeks on of driving its cured:smthumbup if it doesn't work base idle on ecu will need resetting.
cheers i'll try it now mate :smthumbup

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Worked for me too, battery run flat when I left ignition on and doors unlocked for 3 days :blush::handsup:

Gave it 30mins with lights on, works a treat. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
It will sort it, i was messing around with relays and fuses so at some point it got reset and i have diconnected the battery, now it idles at 500 but a reset tomorrow and i'm 100% confident it will be fixed.

What i normally do after the first ten is, switch off then turn on aircon, stereo, lights, rear heater, then start the engine for another 10

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
when my batt went flat, mine idled like a pig for the whole hour

was none to smart on its first trip out either. now shes had a few hrs running, shes fine :D

just needs to relearn idle :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mines got a bit of a lumpey tick over too. Have'nt Been out in it for a couple of months due to crap weather. Ive just started it a few times, let it run and noticed its a bit lumpey on idle. Will this work work with my evo 4? If i let it run 10 mins and then a further 10 with all electrics on. It was fine before the rest!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts