Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few times my idle has remained high after stopping and depressing the clutch,it has stayed around 1500rpm.It eventually drops but not as quickly as it should.I have also had a smell of petrol but not sure if it was me as I was in a traffic jam.
has anyone else had these problems or does anyone know what the cause may be?My warranty runs out in a few months so if something needs doing I want it done asap..
Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Dude
it sounds like ur clutch isnt dis-engaging properly...it may just be the clutch peddel
but since your still on warrenty id get it checked out
let me know how it goes
Laters Bro

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don`t think it is the clutch as it happened in neutral and foot off the clutch.
I will get it checked out anyway just incase...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you had the battery disconnected recently ?

This high idle happens when the ECU is learning your optimum idle. It should settle in about 100 miles.

Check for any pipes which have come off the plenum chamber.... An air ingress into the plenum chamber can also cause high idle.

The other thing that could cause it is dirt build up in the throttle body..... A simple matter of careful cleaning inside. Get a Dealer to do this as spraying cleaner into the body can kill one of the sensors inside if you aren't sure what you are doing.

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.