Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting myself a second car to reduce the mileage I put on my beloved Evo 8. I want to spend less than £1k and want something that can drive on the motorway at 80mph without falling to bits and not cost me a fortune to maintain - However the vehicle has to have a bit of quirkiness about it and maybe be a little bit sexy.

So far I've considered:

Honda CRX
205 1.6 GTI

I've looked at a couple and they've been total sheds, am I being unrealistic or am I yet to look at the right car (make/model)????

Cheers.

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Idears for a cheap run around

:) Hi sadly just sold me evo 6 as in spain.paid 80 quid for me sierra 2.3 diesal.drove over 600 miles across spain on one tank.(still got fuel left) :D Got no mot but!!!! months tax.57k on clock.cruised at 80 mph(when i got there!) lol.dont get cheaper than that.paid 75 for me mud flaps on the evo.lol :D Fly over and drive it back. :coolsm: And shes F REG.COLLECTERS CAR. :crackup:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Having bought one for just over a grand, I would recommend a 106XSi :smthumbup

Good fun to drive, reasonably quick (0-60 in 8.5secs), running costs (37mpg) and parts are very cheap. Only downside if you are doing a lot of mway miles is the short gearing - 80mph in top is 4500rpm! So I just stick to 70 :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts