Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had yesterday an opportunity to be instructed tricks of mastering tightening bends on an icetrack by a Finnish rally championship series driver. It is unbelievable what couple of hours of professional teaching can do to your driving!

Short video here:

It was very short track with two long tightening bends. They are very difficult to master but managed to get it right few times. Entry speed to braking was around 120 km/h and apex speed around 60 km/h. "Kirraa" means tightens if you sometimes watch Finnish incar rallyvideos :)

Tyres used:

·
acting daft since 1969
19,606 Posts
a freind of mine went to norway on a snow and ice rally driving course ,he said it was shocking how much grip those kind a tyres give

id love a crack at it i bet its throws everything you think it could be out the window

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a freind of mine went to norway on a snow and ice rally driving course ,he said it was shocking how much grip those kind a tyres give

id love a crack at it i bet its throws everything you think it could be out the window
The grip sure is amazing. It's hard to describe, there's good grip but then again it is very easy to break the grip. Yet the car still is in perfect control and the limit is very smooth. Most astonishing is the braking, i'd say that with these tyres the car will stop in shorter distance on ice than on dry tarmac with regular tyres.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like top fun would love a go round that track!
That is way too short. Waiting eagerly next weekend, two days and 3 km track :) Only drawback is that for the weekend I need approx 150-200 liters of V-Power...

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
Pity the camera wasn't mounted on the roof but looked like a whole lot of fun. Would really love to try that. I suppose it makes you realise how good at driving you actually are not when you do this kind of thing.

Well done mate. :smthumbup

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I suppose it makes you realise how good at driving you actually are not when you do this kind of thing.
You're 100 % correct my friend :) I'm not saying that track driving is easy, but this is something else. I would also say that I suck less on ice than on tarmac, you'll see at MLR Spa track day ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts