Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X RS
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just got my photos from this event through the post, so I thought I'd scan a few in and post them up with some details :D

The IAM, rightly or wrongly, is seen as a bit of a old farts association, so amongst the ideas suggested to the new management was a driver skills day on a race track along the lines of those run for the bikers last year. The first day took place on Saturday 21 February at a cold but dry Mallory Park. £120 got half a days instruction on track technique, with the instructor having a maximum of three pupils to ensure a fair amount of track time (I struck lucky and only shared my instructor with one other driver). There was a wide variety of cars out on track, from a handful of Evo's, Impreza's and 911's through Volvo estates and Jaguar XJ's to Renault Clio's and Smart cars. The organisers were a bit worried about the speed and experience differentials out on track, but it didn't causing any major problems or bunching.

For the cost, I thought it was well worthwhile. More events are planned for later in the year. It will initially be open only to IAM members, although it may be opened up to others if places are available closer to the day. This first event will be featured in the next IAM magazine (brace yourselves in case my mugshot and interview makes it to print :lol:), but if any IAM members on here want to get to the front of the queue, PM me and I'll let you know the organisers e-mail ;)

Pictures of me on track are below - you may notice that the Evo looks distinctly like my X, despite me saying I would never take it on track :angel: My excuse is that the VIII still needed new brakes and suspension at the time so wasn't ready :mhihi:

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X RS
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but are 9" wide hence the dished effect - I don't think it's as pronounced on the 8" version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts