Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much of a job is it to spray a logo like the :mitsi: badge or ralliart logo on my intercooler???

Does the bumper need to be completely removed to get it off???

And whats the best way of cleaning the intercooler as its a big grubby?? just soap and water and a damn good spray down???

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got heatproof paint from when i done my calipers a few months back. can take something like 650 degrees C

·
Registered
14,954 Posts
650 degrees? Not sure that's going to be enough.

Can you get paint that can take 1,000*C? :confused:

I think Moses may know where you can get some.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:
Oh dear Chris, someone else as fallen into the trap. :wallbang:

110 degrees at the inlet bend of the intercooler after a good beating however by the time the hot air get to the fins the intercoolers done it's job and it fine to touch without burning yourself. 650 degree proof paint is serious overkill for what you have in mind. :smthumbup

I only know this as I've been kindly given the template cut out of a some thin acrylic to get mine done this week...and I did a bit of reading. :D

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fort something odd was going on, intercooler wouldnt quite serve the purpose of cooling air if it got silly hot lol

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
fort something odd was going on, intercooler wouldnt quite serve the purpose of cooling air if it got silly hot lol
Have you got the template that is needed? Do you know the correct size and proportions if your drawing it yourself.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
not to sure what exactly i wanna do as yet. either a :mitsi: logo or ralliart

But no ive not got any templates yet ive only just fort of doing it.

Gonna have a look over the weekend at how much of a job it'll be and go from there realy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts