Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive decided that i want to get rid of my beer belly and man boobs...

hopefully i will get rid of it by the beggining of the summer before i go on holiday

im going to devise a diet (cut out the beer in the week) and do a bit of cycling and a bit of jogging

has anyone got any tips/plans that they have that would be valuable

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Do low/mid intensity cardio, first thing on empty. For example, bit of cardio on the bike, before brekkie. Restrict carbs all week bar maybe one day when you can up them to fire up your metabolism (dependant on how you react to carbs in first place).

If your serious, try stop drinking beer altogether til hols :smthumbup

·
Registered
24,444 Posts
Me Andy was on a mega weight loss when I met him 10/11stone.

He is now 16 stone a bit less happy with belly n boobs, I love him to bits but he needs to lose 2 stone at least but hey ho if your happy whatever :D
oh and he does a strenuos job and I worry about his heart etc. :cry:

·
Registered
10,001 Posts
find a dirty girl, purchase some candles, a couple of boxes of energy drink, a few tubes of ky jelly, lots of toilet roll and stay in for 2 weeks solid (with the curtains closed):smthumbup:crackup:

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
eat less and mostly things you wont like.

dont drink beer.

exercise. If you can motivate yorself. Most cant s'why there fat.

s not rocket science.

You could be your perfect weight in 6 months from now and feel brilliant.

S up to you and not some car forum.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
ive decided that i want to get rid of my beer belly and man boobs...

hopefully i will get rid of it by the beggining of the summer before i go on holiday

im going to devise a diet (cut out the beer in the week) and do a bit of cycling and a bit of jogging

has anyone got any tips/plans that they have that would be valuable
You don't say how much you weigh, what your height is etc so short term goals like "the summer" but not be possible. Just eat right, eat right portions and exercise. Cycling is fantastic, but don't jog or run. If you're *really* overweight and find activity a chore then you can kick-start things by walking, then work up to swimming or cycling. Avoid high-impact exercise like jogging or running though.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
You don't say how much you weigh, what your height is etc so short term goals like "the summer" but not be possible. Just eat right, eat right portions and exercise. Cycling is fantastic, but don't jog or run. If you're *really* overweight and find activity a chore then you can kick-start things by walking, then work up to swimming or cycling. Avoid high-impact exercise like jogging or running though.
HOLD THE ****ING PHONE.

so short term goals like "the summer" but not be possible

:mhihi::mhihi::mhihi::mhihi::mhihi:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
lost 7kgs since xmas by not drinking. Other than that Ive not changed what I do.

Not Ive got a bit more time goin to gym 3 times a week for 1.5hrs cardio

·
Registered
812 Posts
find a dirty girl, purchase some candles, a couple of boxes of energy drink, a few tubes of ky jelly, lots of toilet roll and stay in for 2 weeks solid (with the curtains closed)
Brilliant !

But you forgot to mention the little blue pills...........

·
Registered
31,032 Posts
I've virtually cut out beer completely since Xmas.

I went from 13st 10 to 13st 0 and I am sustaining that on what I eat, which is a lot and all of the wrong things.

I am going to start going to the gym again in March and I will adjust my diet properly then.

To the OP, set yourself realistic goals. If you intend to have lost it all before you go away then you may have set your target too high and get ****ed off if the weight loss doesn't come quickly enough.

Most people give up after a couple of months as they think it isn't worth the hard work.

Aim to lose it all say by this time next year, and when you go away you will still be happy with what you have achieved, and more determined to get down to your goal weight my your holiday the following year.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Cycling is fantastic, but don't jog or run. Avoid high-impact exercise like jogging or running though.
Why avoid jogging or running?

I have been bulking up for the past few months and have put on a fair bit of size by eating lots of the correct things and training solidly at the gym 4-5 times a week. Id like to cut down a bit before summer, to lose the gut. Why not jog or run? Ive been implementing it within my training to try and lose the gut; but if that isnt the best way?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
Why avoid jogging or running?

I have been bulking up for the past few months and have put on a fair bit of size by eating lots of the correct things and training solidly at the gym 4-5 times a week. Id like to cut down a bit before summer, to lose the gut. Why not jog or run? Ive been implementing it within my training to try and lose the gut; but if that isnt the best way?
It's not good for your joints and if you're already overweight it's pretty bad. It depends on your goals, if you want to get fit or run for a reason then it's good but at a cost. If all you want to do is look good down the beach then there are ways to lose weight and get fit that don't involve wrecking your joints.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I'm in a similar situation to the OP (no man boobs though!) The last week I've cut out beer (apart from a cheeky bottle in the week) and cut out carbs and really feel better and the jeans are certainly looser than a week ago!

Knee is stuffed so can't get to the gym but it's amazing how just a couple of hours of cardio a week can keep the weight off!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
It's not good for your joints and if you're already overweight it's pretty bad.
Agree - although I'd say you can avoid alot of damage by wearing the correct trainers and getting your technique correct.

Get to a spinning class or circuit training - guarantee if you keep that up you'll lose weight..... hard going though!

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I've virtually cut out beer completely since Xmas.

I went from 13st 10 to 13st 0 and I am sustaining that on what I eat, which is a lot and all of the wrong things.

I am going to start going to the gym again in March and I will adjust my diet properly then.

To the OP, set yourself realistic goals. If you intend to have lost it all before you go away then you may have set your target too high and get ****ed off if the weight loss doesn't come quickly enough.

Most people give up after a couple of months as they think it isn't worth the hard work.

Aim to lose it all say by this time next year, and when you go away you will still be happy with what you have achieved, and more determined to get down to your goal weight my your holiday the following year.
Good post :smthumbup

scenario happened the same to myself...i began a diet, just for my gf not for me.

She set herself a goal where she wanted to get to a certain weight by a certain time, however, i just did it to please her and jumped on the scales every wednesday to see how much i weighed, if i lost i lost if i didnt :shrug: who cares...

i cannot count the number of times i had to give her a hug at her disappointment of not losing enough by a certain given time.

be realistic, if it something you want to do, do it properly.

i lost my weight and since have been able to eat what i want and stay the same...however there is still another 7-8 pound i wanna lose before i go on holiday:smthumbup if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt.

just be happy :smthumbup

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
For example?
Cycling, swimming and rowing. Also running on a proper treadmill in the gym isn't as bad for you as they are cushioned unlike running on the road so if you really want to run then the treadmill is better than running on tarmac. Just remember that every step you take when running is a jolt on your knees, then think about the actions you take when cycling/swimming/rowing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts