Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need your technical advice!!

Hello to you all and Gods blessings for the New Year!

I`m a newbie and I would really need your support!
I have a very specific question: I have an 4G18 SOHC engine that needs to be upgraded to a higher emission standard. In Europe, we are currently applying the Euro IV standard, which implies both low emissions and the use of an Onboard Diagnostics (OBD II/EOBD).
Now I am kind of in trouble, because my engine does not have such electronical devices implemented and I would like to figure out what efforts need to be spent in order to have an OBD implemented in this engine.
For this purpose, I need some very specific engine details (i.e. drawings, manuals, etc.) so I can have the situation evaluated.
Can anyone help me out? Is there any place where I can find such technical data?
I know this is quite a challenge, but I really need to know whether it is worth taking it or not, so a previous evaluation is obligatory. I don`t mind the effort as such, I just need a viable technical solution for the implementation of an OBD. Is there any company you could recommend for such a project, irrespective of its location?
Does anyone know since when has an OBD (I/II) been used in the 4G18 and what manufacturer provided the devices?
I would really, really appreciate your kind replies.
Thank you again, and have a great weekend!

Bruno

1 - 1 of 1 Posts