Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I am keeping my Evo V for track and fun weekends the kids are giving me grief as I have sold my Celica.
They want a convertible I am looking at the following.

BMW 3 Series 323i upwards less than 5 years old
Audi A4 2.6
Chevrolet Camero 5,7ltr may end up being a targa
Mustang
Toyota Supra Areotop.

I need 4 seats even though I might enjoy a 2 str again.

If you can think of any more or experience of any of them would be a great help.

Dale

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why not tell your kids that you will buy what you want not what they want, unless you want a convertible that is.

Mine tried to do that when I bought a second car for my wife to run around in. I gave her the option of learning to drive in what we have or buying and insuring her own. Needless to say she is learning to drive at not cost to her self.

Cheers
Lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have tried Camaro Z28 - truly awful and Mustang Cobra which was much better than Camaro and surprisingly good.

American Car Imports in west London is a good place to get any yank car (they also have demos in stock). Its a long established and efficiently run business and Tony Cohen who runs it is very knowledgeable and helpful. He also imports most makes of euro cars from the continent.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go for the Supra. Immensely tuneable (as Yellow 5 will agree), reliable, and relatively cheap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys

For your comments the Mrs has a Rav 4 that she is happy with my Evo V is heading towards being a trackcar
more every day. I spoke to [email protected] earlier about adding a rear Cusco brace and the anti roll bars.

So the other car will be used by myself every day driving from Cheshire into Manchester one of my business partners has a Supra.
The car has always impressed me a areotop would give it some advantage though.
Must admit been warned away from Audi Convertibles and Saabs.

Anyone know much about BMW convertibles?

Thanks for your help

Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts