Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED EVERYTHING TO TURBO AND TURN AN AMERICAN LANCER 2002 OZ RALLY EDITION INTO A REAL LANCER. THIS IS GAY THEY GAVE US THE WATERED DOWN VERSION. I COULDN'T WAIT FOR THE EVO SO SOMEONE HELP ME. I CAN'T FIND PARTS FOR THIS THING. HELP ME IF YOU CAN.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whats the spec of this car, never heard of it in the UK.
what parts do you need, new or second hand, shipping heavy metal could be expensive!
all the best, RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at the eclipse/talon USA sites .DSM's they run the 4g63 turbo engines and give some pretty good info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One thing to note is that you could spend tens of thousands on shiny bits and go-faster goodies but at the end of the day you will only end up with an OZ that has Evo bits on it. A real Evo's strengths go much deeper than simply such-and-such a strut brace or an XYZ intercooler.

Play to the car's strengths by all means but to try to recreate an Evo is a thankless task. The funny thing is that there are more horses squeezed out of 4G63s in the US than anywhere else on the planet so getting ultimate power shouldn't be a problem. The blend of power delivery, smoothness, ride and handling however is a different matter. Not for nothing are the cars called 'Evolutions', Mitsubishi has spent over 10 years and millions of dollars to create one of the finest cars on the planet, simply hooking up a pile of bits, Fast and amp; The Furious style, may win 1/4 mile drags but isn't going to create an Evo.

Accept this fact and you can turn the OZ into an excellent car; fast, comfortable and with good handling. If you really want an Evo though then patience must you have, young Jedi :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the american lancer sucks pretty bad. You are gonna need alot of turbo to get that baby fast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts