Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I was always convinced that black was the worst colour to keep clean despite white being the more obvious...how wrong was I!

Spent most of saturday polishing the car and there is still spots all over it of tar and other nasty things, can I get these off with a clay bar or is this the cleanest i can get it without a respray? It looks good but I wouldn't mind it being spotless on close inspection!

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't yet but I will give it a go this weekend and see how I get on, was also thinking of giving it a t-cut, not sure if that would do anything though.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I had the same so I Autoglym tar removerd it then claybar'd it and PING. Shiney shiney and smooth as glass.

·
Profound thinker
6,383 Posts
3v0 said:
I haven't yet but I will give it a go this weekend and see how I get on, was also thinking of giving it a t-cut, not sure if that would do anything though.
DON'T USE T-CUT

If you go for a clay bar, you won't need tar remover.

Halfords do a Meguiars Klay bar with spray lubricant for about £12.

Use it after just washing the car and you will be amazed. Klay bar lifts off all the bonded-on crud and contamination and leaves the paint smooth as glass. Takes a little bit of time, but worth it big-time.

Cheerz

Rampant

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rampant said:
DON'T USE T-CUT
You feel quite strongly about that then! :crackup:

I have heard that clay bars are good, I don't mind having to put a bit of effort in, keeps me away from the missus for a day....!

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
As above use the clay bar after washing and the diffrence will be nite and day :D after you polish the car make sure u use a good sealer to protect and seal the shine in :D :D :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
3v0 said:
You feel quite strongly about that then! :crackup:
If you use T-Cut you'll end up mixing the crud in with your paint. Best not, eh? ;)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Obviously once you have clay barred the car - get some wax/sealant on it ASAP as you are exposing it to the elements.

Same goes for polish or a chemical cleaner, get some wax/sealant on it ASAP.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yep, as said, use the clay bar to remove the tar, then give it a good wash and put a coat of wax on it. One important thing to note, make sure you use loads of lube, something like Megs Quick Detailer as the clay bar can damage the paint work (cover it in swirl marks) if not used correctly and it will be especially noticable on a black car

If youve never used a clay bar before, your saver going for a very mild clay bar so you dont to any damage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts