Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yup, after listening to all the hype I just went and done it. I removed the grommit although it isn't a grommet at all, more like a sleeve. I imagined it to be much bigger than that.

anyway first impressions are good, engine seems to rev much more freely and quickly..had no problems with cut and it was cold too yesterday (time will tell) my E6 is totally boggo so I wouldn't expect it to be a problem with overboost?

I will let you know if its a problem, but so far seems good for 3mins work.

just don't loose it....mines duct taped inside the glove box.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rob

I've played around with this in the past too and found that it does make some difference with the car pulling better, especially at higher revs. Stangely I didn't see an increase in boost on my boost gauge after removing the grommet, but have noticed that after reaching peak boost and settling back the boost tends to fluctuate rather than settling down to a constant boost level.

My car does run an induction kit and de-cat exhaust system.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob,thats it mate plastic grommets then..............followed by divorce .Good to see you have taken the first step to oblivion:)

Regards Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes thanks simon...have replied too!

don't worry barry it wont get that far..I dare not tell her i even removed the restrictor....it would be that bad..I am affraid i have done all my tuning mods to my motorcycles in the past and have now realised that it is a colosal waste of money...so i can safely say that is it...there again if i won the lottery..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts