Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to uprate the front brakes and disks, would it then be possible, to move the front disk and brake calipers to the rear - or is this a really stupid question?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
For one thing, if you replace the rear disks with the front ones, dont you lose the handbrake? In a previous thread, one of the experts stated that buting the front acliper on the rear would give unbalance the braking. Having spent the money on the front brakes, the cost of the AP rear caliper isn't too bad though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but my front disks are grooved, so thats why I though it would be nice on the back, however now I understand that its all to do with the handbrake - i'll leave them alone - its just the read disks now look rather small with the new wheels

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Antony

All the setups I have seen use the standard rear disk. Having said that........ I am not sure about Blades mota as his is a track machine. He might have gone for something different. I don't think it looks too bad!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Ants

If you did do it it would make your spare wheel useless, as it wont fit over the calipers you'll have to carry a couple of cans of tyre weld and do away with the spacesaver - just think of the weight saving- LOL

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Yes Jeremy, thought of that -tyreweld would be carried - but to be honest I would call someone out, knowing my luck I would knacker the wheels - stereo takes up all the weight in any case now - also removing the spare wheel leaves a problem with putting shopping and suitcases in the boot (unless an mdf panel was made up)

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Apart from the handbrake thing , the front calipers wud require custom machined mounting brackets .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts