Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following the progress / release of the evo 9 and I think I'm really gonna have to take the plunge and buy one. I can have one landed here in Ireland in 6 weeks.

I currently own a 7 thats had a few bits done to it and I've owned it since new. I love it to pieces but I'm beginning to lust the 9. Is it significantly different enough and better than the 7 to warrent the upgrade or should I wait for the 10?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Neilex said:
I have been following the progress / release of the evo 9 and I think I'm really gonna have to take the plunge and buy one. I can have one landed here in Ireland in 6 weeks.

I currently own a 7 thats had a few bits done to it and I've owned it since new. I love it to pieces but I'm beginning to lust the 9. Is it significantly different enough and better than the 7 to warrent the upgrade or should I wait for the 10?
Love to know how you're going to get one on the road in 6 wks!

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I am "THIS" close!

Aidy said:
Nah, wait for the XII and get that.
In fact f*ck it...never buy another car ever again cos there is always a later version just about to come out. You know....like the rest of the MLR.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I suppose its time I revealed my new toy....I just love the way the 6 looks and drives.

www.irj-tech.com/evo.html

Its a black 6 with <10000 miles on the clock running autronics, 1.6bar boost and mapped by mark Shead at MAD last weekend.

Im very happy although it does feel like another 150bhp wouldnt go amiss!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Neilex said:
They're currently on sale in Japan, the company who export them estimate the shipping time is 6 weeks to Ireland. It takes a couple of days to register once the VRT is paid.

Read here
http://media.mitsubishi-motors.com/pressrelease/e/products/detail1228.html
That is interesting, so you don't have to endure a model report \ sva and all that tedium?

If that's true, then I wonder if you can take a car from JPN to IRL then to UK and avoid model report & sva?

Ben

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope. Once the car lands on the docks in Ireland its there for you to collect PORVIDED the VRT is paid in full and the registration has been issued. You simply cannot remove the car from the compound until the VRT is sorted.

The downside that we have here is that the VRT will probably cost somewhere in the region of 10-15 thousand euro on top of the price of the car.

Also, I think most cars that are for the UK come to Ireland first but I'm not too sure if that is a way of avoiding the delays you mentioned.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Neilex said:
Nope. Once the car lands on the docks in Ireland its there for you to collect PORVIDED the VRT is paid in full and the registration has been issued. You simply cannot remove the car from the compound until the VRT is sorted.

The downside that we have here is that the VRT will probably cost somewhere in the region of 10-15 thousand euro on top of the price of the car.

Also, I think most cars that are for the UK come to Ireland first but I'm not too sure if that is a way of avoiding the delays you mentioned.
I am going to look into this.... It could be an interesing solution.

Good luck with the IX, I think it's going to be a great car! I have one on order too....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I am "THIS" close!

Aidy said:
In fact f*ck it...never buy another car ever again cos there is always a later version just about to come out. You know....like the rest of the MLR.
:yawn: :sleep: Do you ever have an answer thats not just a smart arse comment... How old are you.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Neilex said:

Yep, sure why not, buy away.. :) Im sure youll love it...and youll have the first one in the country too, which will be nice :coolsm:
Best of luck. :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Ben_Scammell said:
I am going to look into this.... It could be an interesing solution.

Good luck with the IX, I think it's going to be a great car! I have one on order too....
Surely to register it in the UK from Ireland you will still need to go through the SVA?
How is bringing one in via Ireland different to getting it directly?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think, unfortunatly, you would have to register it in Ireland first then bring it into the uk. Then it would be an Irish car coming in.

This however would be silly as the VRT tax on getting it registered in Ireland first would be around 14,000 EURO.

Having said that I do know from visiting the docks (where the cars land) that most will eventually move on out into the UK without ever seeing the Irish roads. Why? I'm not really sure!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts