Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
hi there
i have thought that the main difference between the hyper and the super dragger was that the hyper is a full SS while the super dragger had aluminised steel. i have just taken delivery of a HYPER MUFFLER Ti tip and the midsection and the rest of the pipe work seem to have a black coating on them? is that correct. or was i mis informed ?

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
You were mis-informed

Hiper is mild steel with a stainless box (and ti tip in your case)

Super Drager has a stainless rear section with a mild steel joining pipe

Blitz Nur Spec is fully stainless throughout.

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I've had my hiper on now for 14 months.

Had a good look a couple of months ago and it was ageing very well indeed.

Someone shoot me, ive been using the Evo a *LOT* this winter on salty roads;
jacked the car up last Thursday and now its started to corrode on some of the bends.
Horrible white powdery-mouldy stuff(!) .AR5E. Bloody salt.

Much to my neighbours amusement, when doing the weekly wash, I now jack the
rear end up and jet wash underneath the car, especially the exhaust.

I guess, if you use your evo all winter, an HKS exhaust should give you about 4 years.

Avoid salty winter roads and it will last a decade.

But the slidy, ice cold winter roads are *SO* much fun in an evo......ROFL !

I spose 4 years aint too bad for you rich evo7 owners http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
i put the hyper on my car (together with decat and downpipe) and was well impressed with the power gains

however i felt i had made a mistake when it took 2 people to get the box up the stairs

they don't salt the roads here in winter so i will have to find another excuse to replace it with something lighter

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
my thought exactly andrew :( however the car seem to breath a lot better at the top end. still very quite actually no really that much louder than standard i don't think.
maybe next year i will get a titanium one or something. :D i think ARC make one but i am not sure if you can get arc stuff here in the UK?

SAM
and it looks great by the way :) :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
sam

yeah basically the design is fine, just want it exactly the same except made out of titanium!

the exhaust is louder than you think when you blast it, but is very quiet at idle presumably to get around the japanese noise regulations as mine has a jasma plate on it
actually i might just get an exhaust place to make up a new centre section in stainless to replace the mildsteel bit (and loose the resonator)

andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts