Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried fitting a hydraulic handbrake before? What's the feedback?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
errr...depends if you want to keep doing handbrake turns on the road or not I suppose. I know I don't, I like to look after my diffs thanks :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw my friend's evo do a clean 180deg handbrake turn with a hydraulic handbrake at really low speed, and I thought it was cool. And u know how wide the evo's turning radius is ... might be useful sometimes to do a u-turn instead of a 3-point turn, heheh :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well off course you don't need that if you don't use it to turn, but if you do it is better than the normal one.

BTW, I did not really get the point ie of the evo vii that will release the acd when you use the hand brake for turns.
With my V rs, when I use the handbrake, I press the clutch pedal, so what will be the exact difference?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hydraulic handbrakes are illegal for the road, you will not pass an MOT. You must maintain a mechanical rear brake for the handbrake, not a hydraulic one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.