Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope you are all well. The first ever Hullavington airfield track day is on Feb 8th.

This is a brilliant airfield venue (just off J17 of the M4) with loads of space, an excellent layout and good surface. All in all it is vastly superior to most airfields. A full day is only £89.

We run very friendly days and encourage proper driving etiquette. You will be amazed at the socialable atmosphere and welcoming attitude of all our staff.

I have enjoyed assisting Blade with his wonderful EVO 6 in 2001 and we would love to see plenty more EVO's on our events in 2002.

Happy track driving everyone,

Ed

P.S. For details look at our website: www.motorsport-events.co.uk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ed

Thanks for the post, I'm very interested in the day. On your site there are 2 track layouts for Hullavington, which one will you be using? Can you also tell me how many places there will be and if you are running sessions or an open track?

Cheers,

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

We will be using the long track layout, 30 places and an open pit - can't be better than that!

Cheers,

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ed
I'm very interested in these days. How much extra does it cost for having you instructing for a few sessions?
Also are you doing any on a Saturday or Sunday?

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

All Hullavington day are Fridays, although we are runing Saturday events at Bruntingthorpe, Colerne, Llandow, Elvington and Goodwood. For a full list of the calendar take a look at the website: www.motorsport-events.co.uk

It would be my pleasure to instruct any EVO owners on our days, as you know I love the cars. The fee is £25 for 30 mins of instruction.

Hope to see you on an event soon - this winter close season is dragging on way too long!

Be safe,

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed ,

Stick me down for this one ,I need a day off so what better way to spend it :D .
Have you got some of the guys with the westies and caterams going .
What was the name of the fella with the yellow RS porche at wroughton a while back.?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Shorty,

Tasha has sent you details, so check your inbox.

The yellow Porsche owner was Alex Graham - a touch wild, but a very good driver all the same!

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shorty, hope to see you there. I have a choice of 3 dates in February, and it all depends on the missus. She wants to go to Lapland (!?!?!?) and that may coincide with Hullavington. Hopefuly it won't!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tony ,

Are you going in the Evo ?would be nice to blag a ride if you are.Hullavington ,kemble ,Wroughton are right on my door step so nice bit of fun for my 2 days a year I get off work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trackday isn't a trackday if I am not in the EVO! DEFINITELY YES SIR! You can blag two rides. I will let Ed take you out, much more fun than me driving!

Colerne is on your doorstep too I think...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ed

I'm planning to come along, I'm just trying to persuade a friend with a spanking new S3 to come too. Appreciate it if you could email some details.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Dave,

Will do and it'll be nice having the S3 there too (I worked for 2 years as an Instructor on the now Audi quattro drivers course). Those were great driving courses, shame Audi pulled the plug on them (cost them too much money - strange didn't seem that way when I got my cheque each month!).

Regards,

Ed

P.S. Blade has done his fair share of hot laps on events this year too! He's way too modest at times!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice :)

Will look forward to that ,havn't had a good blast in a while ,stiil trying to wear the front tyres in .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blade, Shorty.

I'm booked on too, be good to meet you guys. Also bringing along a couple of mates with an S3 and a Fiat Coupe Turbo.

See you there!

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shake it down BABY. :)

Any vacancies? If so, will attempt to book tomorrow. Friend with a ZS180 fancies his chances too! :)

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm in, so is the m8 with the ZS180 from the http://www.xpower-mg.com/forum

Looking forward to meet the Names , met Shorty today. Caught him in the act writing his Biography actually - did us a great deal on Tiles (came about through the what's your job thread). :) Hoping for some discount for a quick shift - no luck!

Natasha mentioned that Ed and another instructor will be there to give us, sorry me some guidance. See ya there!

Blade, can I join the ride queue? :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts