Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title really, would anyone buy a car that was a Cat D and been repaired?

As I understand it a Cat D is a car that has had minor damage that is repairable.

Also how much cheaper would a Cat D car sell for compared to a non registered car?

Al

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
I would own a Cat D car. I've owned one in the past :)

I've driven lots of damaged repaired cars too, not a problem if repaired correctly.

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
A mate of mine deals in salvage, and he always tells me a Cat D repaired car is normally about 70-75% of book price for a kosher one.

I.e a £10k car, would be about £7k Cat D

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm intersted in an Black Audi S4, 04 plate with the 4.2 V8 engine :naughty: with 24K on the clock.

The ad states:

Unfortunatly this car was involved in a light front end collision, damage was minimal but now fully repaired, There was no Airbag or Chassis damage. The car is listed as CAT D on the HPI register. The car drives 100% perfect and is in daily use. 2 Alloys have a few scuff marks on them nothing major.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A mate of mine deals in salvage, and he always tells me a Cat D repaired car is normally about 70-75% of book price for a kosher one.

I.e a £10k car, would be about £7k Cat D
So if the car I'm looking at goes for about 20K kosher, than expect to pay about 14K or hopefully less :D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Cat D is only usually very light damage anyway mate, as long as its been repaired properly there's nothing to worry about, I've had 2 cars with cat D damage, 1 of wich I bought from a salvage yard, needed a front subframe and an alloy to put back on road, not even any panel damage.
Not sure it'll devalue a 20k car to 14 though, depends on how sought after that type of car is anyway. Also, being on the register seems to affect the value of cars less the older they get.

Dave.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts