Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps,

Apologies if this is already on the forum somewhere, I did have a look but couldn't find the answer anywhere.

Basically I'm looking to buy a Evo X fq330 gsr sst and the question I have is -

On Hpi it just comes up as a Mitsubishi Lancer no mention of 330, now I remember a few years ago similar things Happened with imports and some rogues would badge lesser cars up as fq340 - 360 and so on

The lad selling the fq330 sounds very genuine but without anything on paperwork how do I know for definite the car is a genuine gsr fq330 & not a fq300 badged up to look like a 330?

Would appreciate any help

Cheers

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
The 330 is just a 300 with a remap abd a few other bits. Does the seller have the official letter from Mitsubishi confirming it was upgraded? You could always contact Mitsubishi HQ and see if they have any records of it being done?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 330 is just a 300 with a remap abd a few other bits. Does the seller have the official letter from Mitsubishi confirming it was upgraded? You could always contact Mitsubishi HQ and see if they have any records of it being done?
Thanks for reply

No letter unfortunately but good idea I will contact Mitsubishi hq to check records

·
Registered
64 Posts
Fq330 has

HKS intercooler and hard pipes (blue silicone joiners with WRC developments wording)
HKS exhaust
Carbon fiber exhaust heat shields
Unrestricted torque in first gear
Should have the letter from mitsubishi to confirm upgrade but if these parts are on it then its very likely its genuine

Sent from my SM-T805 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fq330 has

HKS intercooler and hard pipes (blue silicone joiners with WRC developments wording)
HKS exhaust
Should have the letter from mitsubishi to confirm upgrade but if these parts are on it then its very likely its genuine

Thanks mate appreciate that, I shall be checking it out in Nxt few days and will post my findings

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Fq330 has

HKS exhaust

All the 330s in standard form that ive seen have hks silicone joiners on the hardpipe. Unless someone put those wrc dev ones on after? :confused:

Edit to say, it appears some have the hks silicone joiners, and some have the wrc dev ones. Either way they are both quality.

·
Registered
64 Posts
All the 330s in standard form that ive seen have hks silicone joiners on the hardpipe. Unless someone put those wrc dev ones on after? :confused:
Yeah thats standard. Fq330 almost the same as a fq360 except 30hp down and no carbon vortex gen and lip.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
All were quite different some FQ330 look exactly like the FQ300 I've seen many like this but not all had the extras of the FQ360, best to do is look inside the door frame or call :mitsi::mitsi::mitsi:.

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
Fq330 has

HKS exhaust

I'm pretty sure my 330 didn't have silicone joiners with WRC wording.

I think I added carbon fibre exhaust shields to mine so don't think thet were fitment standard.

I don't remember a sticker inside the front door, but maybe there was.

Mine had a letter from Mitsubishi so i didn't really look too hard at anything else.

One further thing, were any of the 330s registered in 2008 or 2009? Or did they get added later. I think mine was 2010.

I have loads of pics somewhere so will have a look through those for anything to jog my memory onanything else.

Edited: Here's a link to my 330 For Sale Ad. The blue joiners are stamped HKS. And I'm now even more confident that the CF exhaust shield weren't standard 330 fitment.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=515962&highlight=330

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
here you go, knew I had it somewhere

the heat shields were part of the 330 upgrade, but at some point Mitsi UK actually ran out of them and sent the cars out anyway! lol
Ah yes, I remember the point about Mitsi running out of the heat shields, as on mine!

The alloy pipe between MAF housing and turbo would be a strong thing to look for imo. Also, I recall mine had a Janspeed exhaust system, but I think some of the 330s came with a different make - HKS? But not the same as on the 300s.

1,710 Posts
One further thing, were any of the 330s registered in 2008 or 2009? Or did they get added later. I think mine was 2010.
We've had 2008 and 2009 in 330, both Manual and S-A

1,710 Posts
Wouldn't Black Knight be able to check the Mitsi records? Assuming he's still around?
I think he's bobbing around in the ocean somewhere...

Call any Mitsubishi dealer and they will tell you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts