Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above guys had Stoptech discs with XP10 pads for over a year now. Just returned from a very successful ring trip and on the last day during a session on the GP circuit a started to experience judder through the brakes when braking from high speed. I am just assuming this is deposits from the pad left on the disc. How can i get rid of this?

Any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Stick a set of rc5+ pads on, the judder will dissapear after roughly 10 times of braking hard. A bit noisey but the performance far outweighs that trait.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
As above guys had Stoptech discs with XP10 pads for over a year now. Just returned from a very successful ring trip and on the last day during a session on the GP circuit a started to experience judder through the brakes when braking from high speed. I am just assuming this is deposits from the pad left on the disc. How can i get rid of this?

Any more suggestions?
Normally I would say fit a decent pad like xp10's :lol:

I'd try doing some very hard braking and get the brakes red hot, then drive around a bit avoiding braking allowing it all to cool. I didnt think xp10's were prone to pad deposits though, so maybe another issue causing the judder

Stu

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
Sounds stange, first thing I would be doing is a brake service getting pads out and checking everything is working/floating as it should be, we see a lot of brembos now where pads are binding due to lack of service/corrosion etc and this causes judder issues due to pad temps going through the roof as they cant release from disc.

Ian

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, my calipers were refurbished by Godspeed in August last year front and rears. I run XP8 rear pads.

I am going to remove the discs and pads to see if there are any immediate issues that i can see. Get an airline on the caliper and clear out all the dust then go again and see if this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts