Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm a newbie and apologise if this seems to be a noddy question.

I'm looking at a Evo 5 tomorrow with the following engine spec:

Currently recording 351bhp and 333 lb/ft torque on dyno with 1.4bar.
RC Developments Stage 2 conversion
Walbro Motorsport fuel pump
ARP Con-Ron bolts
Apexi AVC-R electronic boost controller mapped for 1.2 bar and 1.4 bar.
APEXI Power FC ECU mapped by RC Developments
Uprated actuator
Forge Blow off valve
HKS Iridium Spark plugs S40G
HKS Super Powerflow Induction Kit
HKS Titanium Tipped Hi Power Muffler Exhaust System
RC Development De-Cat Pipe
Stainless Steel Front Pipe

What will be needed to push past the 400bhp barrier, bearing in-mind that this car will be mainly used on the track?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I would have thought some 264 or 272 cams and crank the boost up to 1.6bar'ish will see you close to 400hp - however not sure how reliable that will be on a stock E5 engine although I note you have APR rod bolts which are a positive.

·
TOO many posts.......
17,132 Posts
If you`re going to use it mainly for track, why not get the suspension set up all sorted, you`ll be suprised how much difference that will make, 350+ bhp you have isn`t that shy really :D

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
For 400 you will probably need an uprated intercooler with full hard pipe set. Cams are a must, a set of HKS 272/272 with pulleys are a good idea. Get it remapped and up the boost to around 1.6bar and you sould see 400bhp. :)

But as said previously, i thought e5's were at there limit at 360-380bhp on standard internals. You can get 400bhp with the parts mentioned but how long your engine will last remains to be seen.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
northerner said:
Hi - I'm a newbie and apologise if this seems to be a noddy question.

I'm looking at a Evo 5 tomorrow with the following engine spec:

Currently recording 351bhp and 333 lb/ft torque on dyno with 1.4bar.
RC Developments Stage 2 conversion
Walbro Motorsport fuel pump
ARP Con-Ron bolts
Apexi AVC-R electronic boost controller mapped for 1.2 bar and 1.4 bar.
APEXI Power FC ECU mapped by RC Developments
Uprated actuator
Forge Blow off valve
HKS Iridium Spark plugs S40G
HKS Super Powerflow Induction Kit
HKS Titanium Tipped Hi Power Muffler Exhaust System
RC Development De-Cat Pipe
Stainless Steel Front Pipe

What will be needed to push past the 400bhp barrier, bearing in-mind that this car will be mainly used on the track?
how deep are your pockets??....2 bar boost and evrything else that comes with it ;)

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
The difference between 350 & 400 on a track will be minimal.

As has already been said - better spending your money on uprated suspension plus brakes & tyres / driver training.

But if you want that bit extra bhp, a set of MR cams, turbo & a remap will get you closer.

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
northerner said:
Great, where you from?? There will be tuners in your area who will be able to help you out. But you have the money to achieve a safe 400bhp safely . But as said before, a good set of brakes and suspension is a must.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm from Doncaster in South Yorkshire.

Regarding the brakes & suspension, afaik the car will have 6pot AP on the front and the suspension has been uprated with RC & Cusco components.

Who are the best evo tuners locally?

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
northerner said:

Regarding the brakes & suspension, afaik the car will have 6pot AP on the front and the suspension has been uprated with RC & Cusco components.

Yes mate, give NR Autosport a call in the morning. They will sort you out. They have an awesome rep on this forum.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
forged rebuild, new turbo, maybe injectors, remap,cams, pulleys etc etc, the list goes on, no way would you get all that done for 5k unless your gonna do it yourself ;)

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
see details in my car.if your anywhere near matt at the racing line in halifax go see him.if its northern scotland see russ at wallace performance.

·
Registered
20,154 Posts
nr

northerner said:

like blair has stated go and ring nr up in lincoln, brilliant, another guy on here called carrgrange has his done there, and lives in doncaster,

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Do you know which Turbo exhaust housing it has?

If it has a 10.5 then 400 @theFly is posible with 1.65 bar of boost and a re-map

Some people like to do the cams aswell

If you engine and turbo is in good condition then 400 is safe on stock internals

northerner said:
Ok - so what do I need to get to 400+hp safely?

Forged pistons & rods?
Which turbo?
etc...

·
Registered
11,986 Posts
do evo's have or need double valve springs etc ? when going for higher boost ?
i ask due to some issues of inlet valves being held open by boost on some other engines ( possibly by weak valve springs) but never the less an issue sometimes ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts