Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done a search because im sure i saw the answer to my question already but couldnt find anything

If someone could point me in the right direction i would be greatful

I am going to be driving to castle combe which according to route finder is 150 miles, so i no im going to have to fill up on the way home near combe, but i dont no where the shell garages are around there, how do i find out where they are??????

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
There is one 30 seconds from jct 11 on the M4 of that helps! :crackup:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
try shell .com

They will list all the stations that have optimax if you check the box on your route.

Trina

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
there's a Shell garage literally just down the road from the turning for Castle Combe village/race-track
....you'll pass it(on the left) if coming from the Chippenham/M4 direction
or just go into Chippenham itself ...approx 4miles

·
NR555
7,416 Posts
if you are using the tomtom poi file for shell petrol stations, dont take it as gospel, there are a few round me that arent listed in the poi file. Can anybody convert the program that trev-r created in to a poi file for tomtom??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah found out the hard way on the way to Snetterton that standard petrol station locations on Tom Tom can be b*llocks!!

Drove 6 miles out of the way to find a Shell garage as listed on Tom Tom Mobile...ran out of petrol 1 mile short (ATL fuel cell and petrol gauge not too compatiable!!)...walked the rest of the way only to find out it was scrap yard and there never was a garage there! After a quick debate about leaving the car to the scrappies we found a BP garage on Tom Tom a couple of miles on and it was there this time...and thanks to the kind bloke who gave us a lift back, we had a good laugh about Italian electrics on the way :crackup:

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
:fftopic: Cheers Makes, I like your sig too. You don't tele sell them do you? (I mean the conseratories). Got someone ring me up once trying to get me to put one on. I said sure thing if they could fit it on my second floor flat :crackup:

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
AlBoy,
I managed to get Shell to post me a hard copy map booklet with all their stations in and it indicates which are Optimax :)

I went to the Shell.com web site and then got into the Contact Us section and got an email addy from there and requested a book - which arrived 3 days later.

However, I can't find the email address I used.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts