Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
After getting buying my car E6 TME from Mitsubishi (Reading) at 9.5 K miles (as it has been
a demo car) I noticed a significant judder under breaking (over 60-70 mph). The discs were
skimmed and the judder dissapeared for about 1000 miles. It is now back and possibly worse
than before.

Visiting my local dealers and explaining the problem they replied to me that ralliart will only cover
the costs for skimming the breaks only one time (if the car is below 9K miles). Ofcourse the answer
was simply unacceptable and by insisting one of the service advisors called Ralliart in front of me.
Their reply was that the brake disks were not to be covered under warranty again. The service advisor
explained to me that they use another company for the warranty claims that is not covering the brakes
and that is the reason for refusing.

In one of the warping brakes threads I saw one of Chuwey's posts saying that he has changed his warped
brake disks 3 times under the Mitsubishi warranty. Any help of how he did that will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re:How to claim new brake discs under the

I thought the only justification for paying 3K over the top for a Ralliart Grey Import was that it had a manufacturers warranty ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re:How to claim new brake discs under the warranty

The Ralliart warranty is actually the one given by CCC, which is funded by a warranty pool. CCC made a decision not to pay out on the disks and Ralliart have been left to sort out the mess. This is why Ralliart no longer offers a CCC warranty but have taken the matter into their own hands.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re:How to claim new brake discs under

Simon

You seem to know alot about Ralliart and have been jumping to their defence on various threads , are you sure your not on the pay roll ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #5

I wish I could play with cars all the time and that would be a great job!! I not sure how it pays but they do all walk around with bloody great grins. :D

My only defence is that before I commit £40 grand to anybody I do my research. I recon I know what I need to now and am happy to pass on my personal opinion to others. I hope everybody realises that they are personal view. In addition, I looked at all the other leading suppliers and chose to deal with Ralliart, which I would have done for a standard car as well. Overall, the stacked up best but there are others who came close.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Simon,

I hope you also know that if you were to buy a standard 7 (even from Ralliart) for let's say 29k and then spend 10k on it you are going to have a car which will outperform the 7 Extreme easily... Think about a car with Proflex suspension (~3k), Motec ECU (~3k), AP 6-pot (~2k) and then 2k to fit metal piping, ARP bolts and a new intercooler and you'll probably still have enough left to have a decent dinner. Then think if you only pay 27k for the 7 to start off with you could get the best warranty on the planet for that money. The Extreme won't be able to compete with that car, honestly. Not trying to say you're doing it wrong just trying to point out that you could get more value for your money...

G

·
Discussion Starter #7

Micheal

This is the wrong forum for this really but I cannot agree with you. You have missed out a lot of mods that I think are important that come with the Extreme. Performance isn't everything. Reliability, feel of the overall package etc. come into it as well. In addition, with the engine mods carried out to the Extreme it will be safe to tune it to 385-400bhp in the future. I am happy with what I have ordered and feel that is the right way for me to go. I have read too many horror stories of people who tune cars and get it wrong. Yes I am boring, but safe!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Simon

I agree with you.

Ralliart are just as p****d off as the rest of you about the brakes, but can't do anything without CCC approval.

I can't believe how petty some of you are, just because someone posts something good about Ralliart all you can say is that we must be working for them. Some of us are obviously more reasonable than others and get good service aswell. If something isn't right go back and ask them to put it right rather than complain about it first. If you go in with an attitude people are always less likely to help.

If I took your approach I would never buy a car again made by half the manufacturers out there that are greatly respected.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Re:How to claim brake discs under the warranty ?

OK Guys,

all good questions and answers but any ideas of how to proceed on claiming
what is our right ?

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Simon,

I know this is the wrong thread but what internal mods have they done exactly? The 6 Extreme doesn't have different engine internals, at least that's not in the list of upgrades in the specsheet. When I talk about engine internals then I mean pistons, conrods, cams, headgasket,.... The thing I already mentioned in my earlier post are ARP high-tensile conrod-bolts. Now the RS450 conversion has different internals but not the Extreme... So if the Ralliart specsheet for the 6 is complete and the 7 has the same sort of spec (which I think it probably has, same 340bhp), then my setup mentioned in the post above is actually safer to run cause it has high-tensile conrod bolts. Maybe their spec is incomplete... can you tell me what internal mods you are refering to?

G

·
Discussion Starter #11

Michael

The other internal mods are:

Omega competition forged pistons
Arrow competition forged conrods
Block mods to oilways and waterways

Then add WRC type air induction system, and the new exhaust system to the other mods you mentioned. Add 25% uprated clutch.

On the suspension you need to add group N roll bar bushes, suspension strut top mounts, steering rack mounts plus a revised suspension geometry and you are getting closer!

I am sure that I have missed some stuff but I don't think that when you add up all the parts the price is as bad you might think!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
If you go for the 7 Extreme S it also has polished/flowed cylinder head, further strengthened block, sports camshafts, prob short shifter, GEMS ECU, Anti Lag, etc.

Not your standard bolt on a filter and exhaust.

So far as I am aware the Extreme has the following (not finalised)
Eibach sports springs
Roll bar bushes – front and amp; rear (group ‘N’)
Suspension strut rubber top mounts (group ‘N’)
Steering rack mounts (group ‘N’)
Revisions to suspension geometry
Front and amp; rear cross drilled brake discs
Aeroquipe brake hoses
Brake master cylinder anti flex kit
Racing brake fluid
Sports ABS
Ralliart sports ECU
Sports air induction kit
Sports exhaust catalyst
Engine cylinder block modifications
Omega competition forged precision engineered pistons
Arrow competition forged precision engineered conrods
Sports thermostat and amp; Ralliart pressure cap
Engine roll stop mountings (group ‘N’)
25% up rated clutch
Gear change mountings (group ‘N’)
AYC (Extreme)

G

·
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks Adamski, I should have done a more complete job! Anybody out there care to price this up?

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I think these are two different cars that we are talking about. I asked for the spec of the Extreme, cause that's what you're buying Simon, right? The specs above are for the Extreme S... Simon, are you saying the Extreme, not the S, has those specs for 340 bhp??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts