Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody written a guide on how to change a clutch in an E4-6? Can't find one using the search facility and if I can save £200+ by doing it myself, even better!

Cheers :smthumbup

·
Geekmapped.com
915 Posts
Not sure if 4-6 have any similar enough but I used the guide here when doing my 7. It's for left hookers so gearbox mount is slightly different but it's all there.

As I'd not done a clutch before it was a bit of baptism of fire but all worked out great in the end. It took twice as long as I thought it would but quite satisfying. Would I do it again? Nope. I'd lay off the big macs for a month and pay someone else to do it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Has anybody written a guide on how to change a clutch in an E4-6? Can't find one using the search facility and if I can save £200+ by doing it myself, even better!

Cheers :smthumbup
There is a guide on here somewhere. I used it a while back. It's not too bad to do. Worst part is lying on your back for ages lol.

Its certainly worth making sure there is someone to help you.

Found a guide for you.

http://domain1886493.sites.streamlinedns.co.uk/clutch/clutch.htm

·
Registered
409 Posts
i have done a few now,I had trouble once releasing the thrust bearing.it would not come off.in the end I undone the clutch in place and pulled it all off together.lying on your back is a bit of a prob lol.the next day your neck with be aching like hell.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you can afford it get some one else to do it. i work at audi do most of the rs4 clutches and so on. but my evo 6 was the biggest pain in the ass ever, i dont no how long you get for them but managed it in 5.5 hours.
never again lol

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
If you can afford it get some one else to do it. i work at audi do most of the rs4 clutches and so on. but my evo 6 was the biggest pain in the ass ever, i dont no how long you get for them but managed it in 5.5 hours.
never again lol
thats good for a first go mate :smthumbup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts