Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a few posts on here regarding titanium exhaust and ive seen some videos on youtube and i love the noise they make.

However how noisy are they in the cabin?

Does anyone have any Db readings on various titanium exhausts available?

And lastly does anyone know if any companys make them as a straight fit for a 5 to save having the fit one from a 7/8/9 and cutting the rear bumper??

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just had a Greddy Ti-R fitted today. The sound is awesome! Inside the cabin is fine - there's no nasty droning :smthumbup

Im not sure about the db levels though...maybe search for "titanium" in the forums and maybe try the US forums also.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps I won't get one then if it's gonna be noisy.

Is there any companys that offer custom made titanium exhaust where you can choose the noise level by using different boxes

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
You will be paying A LOT for a custom jobbie, the one on mine was fabricated in Japan and fitted over there, and runs straight all the way across the length, they are loudish, but only nur spec loud, they kinda have a differnet note, but in all honesty, people go on about weight saving, its not that big a saving tbh, and its taken from the bottom of the car where it isn't really noticed IMO.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are not all noisy.

Ive got a 3" cat back Ganador titanium exhaust and its slightly more loud than the standard HKS Super Dragger.

They are also incredibily light, I held the entire system in one fully outstretched hand.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The main reason i wanted one is because i heard some sound clips on youtube and think they sounds realy nice.

I like the typical raspy jap noise and my exhaust at the moment doesnt sound very jap at all. It a custom 3" turbo back system with de-cat so i rekon i could just get another cat back system to change the exhaust note.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The main reason i wanted one is because i heard some sound clips on youtube and think they sounds realy nice.

I like the typical raspy jap noise and my exhaust at the moment doesnt sound very jap at all. It a custom 3" turbo back system with de-cat so i rekon i could just get another cat back system to change the exhaust note.
This was the only reason i got mine, i didnt care too much about performance or weight - i just loooove the raspy note they give and you cant get that from a stainless steel exhaust :coolsm:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and thats exactly why i want one to, the rasy noise is :coolsm:

Only real option at the moment is to get one for a 7/8/9 and have it fitted to mine but only trouble is with that it means cutting the bumper and having a hole where it was before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts