Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
chunky said:
I'm wanting to get all the Tesco witness marks :rolleyes: out of my bumpers, how much should I be looking at to get it painted? I've never bothered getting any bodyworks scuffs taken out before, I'm too lazy :yawn: so don't have an idea of the going rate.

Car is silver, if that makes any difference.
Hi mate

About £150 for the bumper

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,541 Posts
I work in a bodyshop.....metallic silver is more expensive than solid colour(as you probably know)make sure they get the right shade ;)

Labour time will be approx;remove and refit bumper 1-2 hrs

respray complete bumper 2.5 hrs.Plus any repairs!

typical bodyshop rate is anywhere between 20-45 quid an hr.

i reckon your looking at 60-70 quid in paint and materials.

Note:these are bodyshop estimator times and not mine ;)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
chunky said:
Crikey, was hoping both would be <£200. All of a sudden those scuffs don't look too bad!

Cheers :)
Defo wouldn't pay more than 200. Had a metalic bumper sprayed by a shop that does all my bodywork, they're a top-notch place that do loads of show cars (Max Power etc) and it was still only £150.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Chunky
I would not pay anymore than 200 M8
I know somebody that would repair the bumper and spray it for well under that, he is doing my M8's car bumper boot lid and front wing for 220 + vat and does a great job too and his car is metalic silver.

Duncan

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Colvins SPS over in Stewarton does an amazing job and gets great colour matches. Round about the £100-£150 per bumper. You could try him and see what he says.

Ally ;)

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I have a very good reputable car "body man" who is going to completely respray my front bumper and repair the pitting caused by airbourne stones for £100 all in done and dusted!!

V high quality workmanship too. Shame your at the opposite end of the UK!! (Nearly said country!! ;) )

·
Registered
210 Posts
;) At the end of the day you get what you pay for. We have our own body shop and some times things are not so easy. You think it only needs a respray when most of the time things are damaged. Good prep means good respray.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Also the labour rate has a bearing on the price , my Ralliart dealer's body shop only charges £28 per hr labour (£42 in the workshop tho!) so its cheaper than in the big cities or in the South (ie Darlington southwards! ;) )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts