Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying a Either An Evo 5 or 6, I'm after a whole car missing an engine and gearbox,
Anyone bought one in this state? and how much would you expect to pay?

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
not allot ,youd get a decent one for less than £1000 for a basic bare shell if its GOOD with a V5 ,a roller cant be more than £2000

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I want a complete car that just needs engine and gearbox?
one that may have had a blown engine or something like that...

·
acting daft since 1969
19,604 Posts
cars with duff motors dont often come up for sale most of the time its cheaper and youd make more money fixing them and selling a a going concern

theres few 5s now decent cars under £5k which is good money for what you get

·
Premium Member
22,069 Posts
After buying a Either An Evo 5 or 6, I'm after a whole car missing an engine and gearbox,
Anyone bought one in this state? and how much would you expect to pay?
Whats you reason for thinking about this? Do you have an engine and box already? A forged engine or something?

Im curious as I was only thinking today, that if I was to sell my car, would I sell it complete, or remove the engine (low milage evo 8 260 with GSC S1 cams and other bits), gearbox, transfer box (uprated), rear rs diff (evo 9), and brakes (K Sport all round) off it, then sell it as a rolling shell. Was trying to put a price on the shell in that state

Only thinking aloud really

Stu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whats you reason for thinking about this? Do you have an engine and box already? A forged engine or something?

Im curious as I was only thinking today, that if I was to sell my car, would I sell it complete, or remove the engine (low milage evo 8 260 with GSC S1 cams and other bits), gearbox, transfer box (uprated), rear rs diff (evo 9), and brakes (K Sport all round) off it, then sell it as a rolling shell. Was trying to put a price on the shell in that state

Only thinking aloud really

Stu
Yeah already got engine mate,
I'd purchase a gearbox in time, and just looking for a project to be honest, I'm also in Merseyside :)

·
Premium Member
22,069 Posts
Yeah already got engine mate,
I'd purchase a gearbox in time, and just looking for a project to be honest, I'm also in Merseyside :)
ahh local then :smthumbup

If I were you then, i'd be patient and wait for someone selling with a blown engine, they do pop up, not often, but do come along

In your position, i'd also consider looking at 4's, due to their poorer engine design, they are more commonly sold with engine issues, and even with a working engine, are cheap money for a good car these days. Many people looking to buy a 4, are looking for evo 4's with later engines fitted, to avoid this issue

Stu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh local then :smthumbup

If I were you then, i'd be patient and wait for someone selling with a blown engine, they do pop up, not often, but do come along

In your position, i'd also consider looking at 4's, due to their poorer engine design, they are more commonly sold with engine issues, and even with a working engine, are cheap money for a good car these days. Many people looking to buy a 4, are looking for evo 4's with later engines fitted, to avoid this issue

Stu
Thanks for the advice stu,
really after a 5 or 6 though I know its only personal opinion but I really like the look of them,
just wondering if i'll get a whole car minus engine and gear box for around £2500...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts