Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
looking to start minor tweeking, but ive set the limiting factor with the clutch. dont really want to use anything other than an uprated organic clutch (may go paddle if i have to), but no way on gods green earth will i have a twin plate again!

so, how much tweeking can i do (bhp/torque) before i reach the limit of the clutch? i know r33's can get away with a good organic up to about 450-500 bhp (although it wont take much abuse or last too long), thereafter its twin plate time.
girlfriend has a helix organic in her sti 5 , and its real nice. her car has link ecu, and is pretty quick.

any clutch suggestions for when i decide to up the power?

thanks for any advice, and please excuse my ignorance, i'm fairly new to evo's.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
To the best of knowledge, organic clutch is good for about 310 lb ft of torque, so if you are going beyond that then I suggest you go for the option which I have taken with my 400bhp conversion and go for a twin paddle clutch and flywheel, anything below that would not last you long if you keep modding your car!!

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
cheers tony:)

silly question, but how much bhp does 310lbs equate to ball park? i dont want to go to 400bhp, want to keep this car fairly standard...ish:D

at a guess, would around 330-340 bhp be the limit? what i'm trying to do is work out what i can do to the car, but keeping it below the need for a twin plate.

thanks again:)

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
The AP Organic should be fine, my VI 346bhp and 338lbs/ft has no problem on this clutch. And thats after a 0-60 shoot out :)

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts