Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my question. I bought an HKS PFC FCON. This is what an FCON does:

The PFC F-CON is a plug-in fuel computer designed to supplement and refine the OE specified fuel curve. The F-CON performs their function by modifying the factory specific injector pulse width based on information obtained from the OE ECU and the absolute pressure transducer included with the F-CON. This information is compiled by the F-CON and the resulting signal can allow for a longer pulse width for factory injectors

does this mean the FCON is tricking the factory ecu into believing that it has bigger injectors? If I use this correctly, do I need bigger injectors? I am very new to evo tuning so I don't want to do anything wrong. right now I have on my evo V an intake, downpipe decatted, going to get exhaust. I have HKS SSQ BOV, EVC IV, PFC FCON, VPC, GCC. since I live in the states, it's hard to get a preprogrammed ecu everytime I mod my car. I think the HKS electronics should do the trick. if I want to run more boost, I have been sugggested to get an uprated fuel pump. my question is how much boost can a stock evo V run safely? what steps would I need to take if I wanted more boost? want next steps need to be taken if I want more power. please help. thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric,

My E5 has been running 1.3bar for the past 3 years and does quite a few trackdays - no problems although in the last 6 months I have fitted ARP con rod bolts and an uprated fuel pump for extra piece of mind. The garage that does my work has an E5 with the engine in pieces that was running 1.5bar boost. He blew it up on the same racetrack that I had no problems on the previous week. Draw your own conclusions m8 and dont sue me if it all goes horribly wrong ;)

Darryl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts