Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an evo 4 and i would like to know how much bhp you think it will have with the mod i have put on. (1) 1000bhp intercooler (2) evo7 turbo (3) A full de-cat system (4) And a high flow manifold. (5) a induction kit.:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
~ 300 bhp

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
I have an evo 4 and i would like to know how much bhp you think it will have with the mod i have put on. (1) 1000bhp intercooler (2) evo7 turbo (3) A full de-cat system (4) And a high flow manifold. (5) a induction kit.:lol:
fuel cut and crank walk probably:smthumbup

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noooooooooo

No she goes nices thanks.im going to put it on a rolling road. i was thinking about 300bhp

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
need to sort out that engine dudewould defo get a new fuel pump, bigger injectors and even then the 4 engine is paps at that sorta power. and talking from experience. now running a 6 engine in my 4. good luck tho to be honest without a remap it wont be much more power than standard.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok

need to sort out that engine dudewould defo get a new fuel pump, bigger injectors and even then the 4 engine is paps at that sorta power. and talking from experience. now running a 6 engine in my 4. good luck tho to be honest without a remap it wont be much more power than standard.
What bhp do you get out of your e6 block?
:)

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
um if you dont remap this will run like a pile of poo.

i added 3" zorst and apexi intake and actually screwed my bhp. she ran rich as hell and 20 bhp DOWN on std!!!!

no remap mate it it will run like a dog.....you did say you were getting a dyno...get a remap at same time :)

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
No she goes nices thanks.im going to put it on a rolling road. i was thinking about 300bhp
fuel pump cause the one fitted is probably getting lazy (with age), standard injectors will be fine, boost controllers are good to keep it smooth and running standardish boost. get the afr checked on the rollers and dont be to hard on it and it might be ok. the 4 engine doesnt like being worked to much over standard:)

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
fuel pump cause the one fitted is probably getting lazy (with age), standard injectors will be fine, boost controllers are good to keep it smooth and running standardish boost. get the afr checked on the rollers and dont be to hard on it and it might be ok. the 4 engine doesnt like being worked to much over standard:)
the induction kit alone will screw the mixture.....

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
the induction kit alone will screw the mixture.....
ran many evos with filter and exhaust, 4, 5, 2 x7s, 9gt and if you keep the boost real it shouldnt be a problem. evos run rich from the factory.
thats why i said check the afr but a map shouldnt be required around standardish boost:smthumbup

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
totally needed on my 260.

was fine before apexi - post apexi fitting, ran well rich and only 180 odd at wheels =- 236 approx atf which is WAY down.

was running so rich the zorst was black.

added the zorst, first run, even less bhp on dyno, about 175.

remapped and she ran 275atw (362 approx atf w/ 24%) :D

·
Keep er lit!
4,203 Posts
totally needed on my 260.

was fine before apexi - post apexi fitting, ran well rich and only 180 odd at wheels =- 236 approx atf which is WAY down.

was running so rich the zorst was black.

added the zorst, first run, even less bhp on dyno, about 175.

remapped and she ran 275atw (362 approx atf w/ 24%) :D
ok, i learn something everyday:smthumbup

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
ok, i learn something everyday:smthumbup
no worries though you are right, stock they run a tadge rich anyway :)

but the extra flow screws it even more :)

i thought it would lean it but the ECU reaction (std ecu) is to rich the mixture, which dont work out right at all!

hey ho, it aint rich no more (thanks chris at rs sillverstone AGAIN! :lol:)

·
Premium Member
14,884 Posts
Evo 5 ECU but you will need to fit the 560cc/min injectors from the 5 onwards.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts