Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering how many people will have an evo 9 at the end of next month.

I have bought one!
But must decide on the colour by tommorrow, i :confused: i am in a right dilema :eek:

What colour should i go for

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You must have plenty of money or the bank manager loves you!

£71,000 on 2 evo,s in less than 3 months - thats mental :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Pointless getting the GT unless its going to be a track day weapon with occasional road use or you are an accomplished driver that can live with the LSD. The GSR also comes with the MR turbo that has been proven to be very strong, the mag turbo on the hand may have slightly faster spool up but considering its has the 9.8t what limits do we have on modification (the mag turbo only has 3ft more torque that the MR turbo in standard format)?

Plus if you havn't already ordered the GT then I would advise you do so quickly as they will go like hotcakes due to the group-n homologation spec.

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
barrie said:
You must have plenty of money or the bank manager loves you!

£71,000 on 2 evo,s in less than 3 months - thats mental :)
no mate thats called robbing the tax man :D

the new evo 9 will cost me the same as a ford galaxy :D

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
fq400duran said:
no mate thats called robbing the tax man :D

the new evo 9 will cost me the same as a ford galaxy :D
****** hate g brown.

GLOBAL -Ive got a couple of evo 9,s reserved , all sorted ,- no worries with that.

So you reckon the gsr then?

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think Gt,s will sell in 2 years time for the same money or more than the gsr because of the group n thing. and the rareness of them , but we will see.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
barrie said:
Wish i could rob him - ive just been hit with a 12k vat bill
****** hate g brown.

GLOBAL -Ive got a couple of evo 9,s reserved , all sorted ,- no worries with that.

So you reckon the gsr then?
Its what I'm going for mate, originally went for the GT but had a word with a well respected tuner and he mentioned that the AYC is needed in the Evo for bloody straight line performance let alone the twisties and thats when alarm bells started to ring in my head. Then spoke to another guy who let me try his RS (8RS not MR i think) and it was terrible, RS running gear and drivetrain put me right off! I guess i'm just a vectra driver at heart. ;) :D

If you do go for the GT, make sure you order the HID lights because they make a hell of a difference to the light levels and they are not standard on the GT.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
barrie said:
I think Gt,s will sell in 2 years time for the same money or more than the gsr because of the group n thing. and the rareness of them , but we will see.
I most definitely will not argue with that as I feel the same but for me I'd rather enjoy the car a bit more (though guys like Ben Scammell would love the GT with its LSD 10x than they would a GSR with AYC (horses for courses)) than staying focused on its end of life resale value.

This car I'm intending to keep and mod so resale value to me is less of a concern than even what the the FQ340 was. :)

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bloody hell ,you have got me thinking now. who was the tuner you spoke to?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts