Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought evo6 on tuesday was driving it back from sva staition,got it to my garage to put away,put lights on so could see what i was doing and noticed smoke coming from under bonnet,popped bonnet noticed smoke was coming from were air filter was ,touched air filter and the next thing there was flames,never paniced so much in my life ,tryed putting flames out but just kept ignighting seemed to be going on for ages but was only a thew mins well managed to disconect battery and it went out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem was when they changed air filter they traped the wires and when put lights on caused it to short out,they have agreed to colect the car and sort it out,i was luck realy i could of put it in garage and not seen the smoke and i would have a burnt out shell

·
Registered
405 Posts
Glad everything's ok now - I hope the gararge are picking up the bill as well :)

If the same thing happened on a warranty covered vehicle, and the whole car burnt down to a shell - would you be able to claim from Mitsi, or would you have to go to your insurance?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts