Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How does AFS work in your Lancer/EVO?

Hi again.

Here is my second question for all of the lucky ones that have a very well equiped Lancer/Evo X.

How does AFS work in your Lancer/EVO? Here in México Lancer owners can't get AFS from factory or dealers (as many other options :smthumbdo ), but I found if I can get enough information and part numbers they can try to set up the systems :thumbup: , thats why I'm asking this. I saw BMW, Mercedes and other cars with AFS or AFS-like equiped but not a Lancer. Can someone tell me if AFS uses an extra bulb on the head lamp or it uses a fog lamp to get the extra beam that Mitsu says in the brochures? Your car came with the AFS from factory or was it installed with a :mitsi: dealer?

Thanks again.

Emilio.

·
Premium Member
20,181 Posts
In the GB ours come installed from the factory and they use the fog light to provide the extra light. :smthumbup
They have an isolation switch on the centre console, so you can switch the function on/off :)

Personally I've never found them a lot of use and they look a bit weird if you do a quick "flick flack" through a roundabout with the fog lights flashing on one side then the other :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer, as you said is not the most useful equipment :lol: , but if its possible to have it I'll try to install it in my car.

Now I wonder if someone installed AFS in a car that didn't equiped it from :mitsi: factory.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nop, the only unused wiring I have is for ASC and headlamp level, beside the steering wheel (behind 3 blank switches).

Under my center console I don't have any wiring. I guess I need the complete harness .... right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts