Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the event of a breakdown, what is the proper procedure for towing a 4WD Evo with wrecking the transmission / diffs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Easy this one.
All 4 wheels on the ground (tow rope) or all 4 off the ground, but then its not really towing unless you use dollies.
If you have a breakdown don't forget to state that you have a 4 wheel drive car and all 4 wheels need to be off the road.
(I am speaking from experience here and it didn't cause a problem)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It may be pessimistic(3) and I hope you never get into that situation but if you do it is best to know how not to cause further damage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks HH6. The other method, I've been told is to disconnect the longshaft before towing in the normal way (rear wheels on the ground). How would this affect the rear diff/AYC on Evos?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
disconnect the longshaft? you'd have to lift it off the ground to do this anyhow so why not just lift it onto a flatbed..

I rope-towed my VI for about 100 miles a few weeks ago (broken cam possition sensor) and it was fine, execpt for being a bugger to steer (very heavy!) and steaming up just as I pulled onto the A1 http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Simon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts