Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cars coming upto 80k miles and i dont think the discs have ever been changed. Is there any signs of wear i should be looking for?

Cheers

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
My cars coming upto 80k miles and i dont think the discs have ever been changed. Is there any signs of wear i should be looking for?

Cheers
80k on OE discs.... :eek: 32mm new 30mm change.....:smthumbup

·
Phil
11,023 Posts
I don't think you ever get as much as 80K from a set of Evo discs. About half that perhaps, so unless you're absolutely sure about it's service history, I reckon you're about due for to put a second replacement set. If you do decide to change them don't go charging into a Mitsi main stealer as they'll rip you off big time. A standard set of discs and pads can be bought for as little as just over £100:)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh i doubted that they would last that long too, they were probably changed at some point before i bought it.

Is Camskill the best place to get them?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yeh i doubted that they would last that long too, they were probably changed at some point before i bought it.

Is Camskill the best place to get them?
If you are just wanting a cheap set of standard discs you can get them from Camskill or you can pay extra & go for something like a DAB 4000/5000 discs with Carbotech XP8 pads.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
the standard 8 fq 300 front discs have "min thickness 29.2mm" stamped on them around the bell part.
I removed mine when I measuredc them at 27mm (using a micrometer). My car had done 55000 miles at the time.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
there is nothing wrong with your disks mate when i seen them yesterday,or are you wanting a excuse for big brake upgrade:lol:

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is nothing wrong with your disks mate when i seen them yesterday,or are you wanting a excuse for big brake upgrade:lol:
haha i wish mate...would love a set of THESE badboys but a tad out of my budget at 2k :mhihi:

Was wondering as my brakes sometimes dont feel very effective/spongy but it might just be the pads (PF's) or maybe i should uprate my hoses :shrug:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Q How do you know if your discs need replacing?
A When you press the brake pedal and you don't stop.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
haha i wish mate...would love a set of THESE badboys but a tad out of my budget at 2k :mhihi:

Was wondering as my brakes sometimes dont feel very effective/spongy but it might just be the pads (PF's) or maybe i should uprate my hoses :shrug:
get a set of hel braided hoses and some good fluid mate, i think you will find a big difference :smthumbup indigo are doing them for £50 for a set of four

1 - 15 of 15 Posts