Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
STUPID QUESTION I KNOW
attatched is a poor pic of a thingmy that fell out of my petrol cap at the filling station. :(
i coulndt get the actual panel to open when i was using the release mechanism in the car.... :confused: wasnt happy as i was running low on fuel.
finally with the aid of my 9 year old son :blush: he operated the lever and i manager to get it open, then this thingmy fell out, and i dont have a clue how and where it goers back on ?? :confused: :blush:
it is however opening but has to be a two person job :crackup: one to pull lever the other to quickly pull open cap
any help is most welcome
paul :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so any ideas how this little bugger goes back on the release flap for the petrol then ?? :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks mate ill have a study, might help if some samaratin had a look on their Vll, i think the bit thats fell off attatches to the actual 'flap' that opens, if one of u kind folks could have a look or even take a pic of it and put it up so i can figure it out, a pain in the ass i know, but im useless at this sort of stuff

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
When you stop to put petrol in, jam your phone under the lever by the seat.

Now use the key or credit card to open the fuel cap

Works for me

If they nick your car with no fuel , they wont get far

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Looks like the release spring - I'm sure it can only go in one way - but I don't have a digi camera - soz

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: @ fatman ;)
cheers marvin,
ill have me another look after work today
cheers
paul :p

·
Registered
338 Posts
It's the clip that springs the access hatch door open when the catch is released. It's item 2 in the drawing I sent you. The rubber buffer goes to the outside as this rests against the hatch door when closed.
Whew, I think I go and lie down in a darkened room!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for going to the trouble lancerlot, rest urself now while i go see if i can refix it !! lol :D

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
here you go m8

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank u evoman that sorts it, from what ive found talking to dealer it seems a common fault
they are gonna send me a new one on the post , so at least i know where it goes [the one that fell off has nearly snapped on the plastic]
anyway cheers all for the well needed and appreciated help
paul ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts