Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
user poll time

How did you find the MLR forum?

I looked at articles about the EVO, did test drives, bought one and then looked for other owners on the internet (**** I'm a geek!), after I found the forum and used it for a while I joined the MLR

I thought given the current threads it would be a laugh to know how everyone else ended up here

all bums together :D Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MAXI sent me the link. He searches the net so much he knows of things the Japanes dont even know about! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I consider a car now its one of the first things I do, check the internet and find an owners club/forum, its the only way you can find out peoples true opinion on a car and it drawbacks/problems, because a dealer isn't going to tell you if the car is shite or more hassle than its worth.

SO I found this place on a search engine

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think I must of found it on a search engine too. I'm so absent minded though that I can't remember what I had for tea tonight let alone what I was up to last summer!

The 'registered date' shows that it was about a month before I got my car anyway :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm new to this but! before I got my evo I was doing a reasurch on evo (magazines, Internet, test drive all the evos from e4-e6) about the good point and bad points and what to look out for when buying one. so when I finally got my evo 4 (was an evo5 but the seller change his mind later in selling) which at the end I ended up here and now I got addicted to this place (I have already joined the club). I have find the forum very helpful indeed as well as its very enjoyable in getting to know other owners around the world an an subject that we all loved.

Leon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ryan,

Bought My E4 first as had a scoob to trade in,searched around to find out more about my purchase as had no idea what I had bought but loved it anyway .Joined yahoo groups ,got bored and found a club that I could join being a proud owner of an EVO. Never looked back after this .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke about changing the Scooby for an Evo on Scoobynet and someone mailed me the link to the LTR website. Some useful info before buying along with some scary info after I'd bought it. I'm one of lifes natural panic merchants :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Searched Yahoo for anything Lancer related. Found the LTR. Read posts for about 6 months before starting to post. Then got hooked! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One of my mates bought an E5 RS and at the time I was trading in my Scooby. He informed me of
the LTR on the web and I started reading, never looked back.

Traded the Scooby in for my E5 :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ryan

I found the forum about a week before I ordered the car. I was doing a search to find out as much as possible about the car before making a decision. I didn't start posting until the car was on order.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd already had the car for about 5 months or so when I was down at Ralliart in Dudley and I was speaking to one of the staff (Simon in service I think) and he mentioned about the MLR and the web address etc.. Since then there has been no looking back and I've also learnt so much info about the Evo that I can now (hopefully) give out some form of sensible advice. The other advantage to the forum is the local meets that have really taken off and have turned up some good friends (apart from that LeeLegend bloke....)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
general search for anything evo when wishing for one (probably google). stuck around a while learning a bit more and keeping an eye on the for sale section. Bought my car here too

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like so many others around here, I traded my Scooby for a 6. Found the MLR via a search engine (Alta Vista or Google) a few months later. Maybe I should have searched first, then bought, but when I saw the Evo standing there in the showroom, I knew I just had to have it...

Oh, and I must apologise to Evo owners everywhere. I may be contributing to the confusion, which results in people asking about our Subarus !!! As a Scooby driver and amp; rally fan in need of a warm coat a few years ago, I bought one of the nice blue ones from my Subaru dealer. Since it's the warmest coat I've got, when the weather ****, I can be seen getting out of my Evo and putting on this coat (it's too bulky to drive in).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was looking at getting a rover 800 for the missus to replace the monte. Was using a good forum for these ([email protected]). Chappy called Jerry Flint was posting and mentioned he had an evo. I had been interested in getting an evo but thought they were too hardcore for me and my family. Anyway I e-mail Jerry and he sends me link to mlr. Eventually went out for a rest drive in an e6 tme and the rest is history.

so Jerry, I've never told my missus it's your fault that I got an evo - what's it worth not to tell her ;)?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts