Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Formerly known as DazK-IV
2,120 Posts
Shoddy interior and Nissan badge and yet 40k+ for a decent example!

How come GTR's R35 are so expensive...?
Mostly because new ones are £80k+. It keeps the price of the older cars up a bit. Until the MY17, there were not huge changes since in the cars since they were released. They still very sought after so that helps as well.

When you compare to the price of stock IX MRs, stock VIII FQ400s and TMEs, it's hardly surprising ...

Not sure that the cost bears a huge relation to the quality of the interior tbh. GT car or not, they are more famed for the R part. Evos are not exactly renowned for the quality of their interior; the drive is more important. The same can be said of the GTR ...

Many people feel that they were way too cheap at £57k when first released in the UK. They still hold their own even today against much more expensive and much newer supercars ...

1,710 Posts
As Daz says, the residuals are good due to the retail price going up from £57k to £82k over the years.

I agree the interior isn't anything like a BMW, Porsche etc but the technology and development that has gone into the cars represents very good value.

A manual transmission would not be at home in an R35. The S-A is very good indeed.

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
As the new models come out with a bigger price tag it inflates the price of second hand models

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
For info/research, as i am slowly easing my way into looking to buy, should i join GTR.co.uk or GTROC.org?

Many thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
For info/research, as i am slowly easing my way into looking to buy, should i join GTR.co.uk or GTROC.org?

Many thanks,
Rob
gtr.co.uk is not a club it's just a forum, there's no fees involved. Lots of useful info and regular posts. GTROC is a club, they have some very experienced guys involved and organise trackdays and various trips, they had a stand at Autosport show last weekend and good contacts with Nissan however the forum is dire, it is rarely used and most gtroc members don't bother with the club forum they use use the gtr.co.uk to communicate. The other useful media if you are on Facebook is Battalion35 which is a worldwide group. I can't give you too many details as I'm not on "Faceache" but Evogeof was a moderator for B35 and can give you more details.
Give Tom or Chris a call at Autotorque ,they usually have several gtrs for sale and will give an honest opinion without a load of sales pressure.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Shoddy interior and Nissan badge and yet 40k+ for a decent example!

How come GTR's R35 are so expensive...?
Are they expensive? By comparison, how much would you have to fork out to buy an equivalent Porsche, or, dare I say it Aston Martin?

AM or GTR? Honestly I think the R35 has it...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
It is precisely because of the Nissan badge that they are £40k.

Slap a German badge on them and have a marketing department concoct some swish campaign that bangs on about German engineering and a gullible public will be paying twice that.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I know so many people who say 'I'm just waiting for the price of GTRs to come down a little and I'll snap one up' which is exactly the reason they won't. They're still so damn desirable.

For me it's an Evo on steroids and the only logical upgrade.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I bought one last week and have to say they are so fast and hooked up they should be illegal!! I have had all sorts of cars down the years and my god you have got to be driving some special metal to touch a GTR around the corners, off the lights and through top end.

I think the build is pretty good all things considered. The reason they are so expensive is largely due to the new cars being released at circa 80k, the fact that they are just so desirable still AND the R&D that went into undeniably moving the game on! When the GTR was first launched it was a leap ahead in terms of the science involved in harnessing all that power - imo they are MEGA and still represent great VFM.:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I've been looking for a r34 gtr in blue for a few months now. There even more than the r35. Long shot but anyone know of any for sale PM me.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts