Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any oine else had there disc this colour??? Standard discs with Carbontech xp10 pads after about 10 hard laps round brands on 22.02.08
Im guessing it not good!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah looked the nuts this was about a minute after i came in and some one got the camera out!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i know all that stuff about no brakes on. yeah move it back and forward to keep the pads from sticking. Oh and yeah think you right ian but i dont do cool down or slow laps ;.)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well, he did a slower lap than the rest, but i reckon a few slow laps would be a better idea, just hope me new seal are still in one piece,

And, as for how they are now!! well they seem ok, the pedal is a bit spongy now, so another bleed through is on the cards...

Awesome, wish I had got a picture a couple of minutes earlier, they would have been "red"

:smthumbup

Good advert for carbotech..... wicked brake pads... and thats the third trackday..

Hey Ian.... Got any more stickers??? ;)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Looks fine to me! i've been told my discs are glowing red hot braking into corners on track which I well believe, melted the 4 center caps of my alloys at the Nurburgring last year:D I'm also on Carbotech XP10s and never get fade, awesome pads:thumbup: As said a slow in lap or two cools everything down enough;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
having never seen them "just" after a hot session i/we never realised how hot they got, apart from burning the paint off the wheels and melting the caliper rubbers, so we shouldn't be surprised that things get hot I guess, we need to work on the cooling aspect a bit more, or get some bigger brakes so we don't have to use them as hard, they are still after all standard discs, and 15's cover them well so little room for cooling air around them... :smthumbup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts