Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

So, I'm just getting round to thinking about fitting my new Tactrix 3 port solenoid.

A couple of questions:

Firstly, does anyone have a diagram showing which ports should connect to what when I remove the OEM unit?

Secondly, regarding the ECU changes that I'm going to need to change.
Does anyone have some ‘rule of thumb’ values to change WGDC etc to maintain the standard boost levels on an FQ300?
As always, many thanks in advance!
Cheers
Mark

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Mark,
To start with drop the duty cycles to something around 40% and go from there really.

If you find it fluctuating on boost etc. then you're also better off changing the error correction tables to limit the amount of correction that is applied to the duty cycle. The reason you sometimes have to change this is because the 3 port responds quicker to duty cycle changes than the std setup does and so sometimes the ECU trys to overcompensate when it goes outside of it's target limits.

Andy

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Andy, how many flashes would you usualy do to set up a a 3 port. l've only ever set up using a sa bc. I'd like to have a go. My bet you got it down to a fine art.. but still got to be a a few more flashes

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
I change it all together, fuel, timing, boost etc. so it takes no longer than normal really.

Andy

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark,
To start with drop the duty cycles to something around 40% and go from there really.

If you find it fluctuating on boost etc. then you're also better off changing the error correction tables to limit the amount of correction that is applied to the duty cycle. The reason you sometimes have to change this is because the 3 port responds quicker to duty cycle changes than the std setup does and so sometimes the ECU trys to overcompensate when it goes outside of it's target limits.

Andy
Thanks Andy (as always) !!

I also, after a little "googling" I found this article... any comments?

http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/3_Port_Boost_Control

Which links to here also:

http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/How_to_Tune_an_Evo_TB_Alternate

This later article seems to focus more on the changes needed to control boost once a 3 port is installed.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Very important to zero out the turbo boost error correction tables, then get the waste gate duty alone to get the boost, log the load and set the boost desired load and put a very small amount of error correction back in, like 0.5 upward and a max of 2.5 downward.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very important to zero out the turbo boost error correction tables, then get the waste gate duty alone to get the boost, log the load and set the boost desired load and put a very small amount of error correction back in, like 0.5 upward and a max of 2.5 downward.
Thanks Burgers!

I'll post up how I get on.

Cheers
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts