Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know I picked up my Evo yesterday and its GREAT!

Handling, Ride (why do people say they are too hard?), Grunt, brakes etc are incredible - but I suppose you all know that.

Had the Apexi kit and an exhaust fitted yesterday also - Simon7 took your advice only had it set up to 1.1 bar holding 1 bar and a couple of economy settings built in with the AFC,120 miles on 1/2 a tank (not bad with a lead foot). I'll wait a couple of weeks or so b4 I turn the boost up.

I cant say enough its just so GOOD.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Insbro
Great news, Pleased you are happy with the car. One thing though, how the hell are you getting 120 miles out of half a tank, if you are lead footed! Maybe you will find that foot gets heavier with time, and the fuel consumption will go down :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you are having fun, I knew you would :D

You'll find that the fuel gauge will drop VERY quickly after it gets below 1/2 way

120miles is VERY impressive I tend to only get 150 b4 the light comes on, you need a heavier foot ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
120 miles on half a tank, I hope that was not going by the fuel gauge? I usually get 100 - 120 miles to 'half' a tank and then only 80 out of the other 'half' LOL!
The ride is harsh for UK roads, the standard setup is suitted to lovely flat Japanese motorways not the potholey crap we have over here. I thought it was OK when I first had it (and also thought what all the fuss was about) but after 18 months you see it for what it is.....probably old age though :D
Anyway welcome to Lancer land.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never got over 170 miles on full tank!
Glad im not alone:D

BTW who is this HOLLY COW? A friend??? LOL:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
100 / 130 miles to a tank . evo 6 400hp . going to gems or motec to map car better than apexi units . but i am having the engine dynoed out of the car to make sure it is done right not just put in and made to run

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
100 / 130 miles to a tank . evo 6 400hp . going to gems or motec to map car better than apexi units . but i am having the engine dynoed out of the car to make sure it is done right not just put in and made to run

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
140 to the tank.Always driven hard,it's the weekend car.No other way to drive an evo.Who cares about mpg,and if you do, why buy an evo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to hear your enjoying it :)

Makes a laugh of what they say on Scoobynet about the cars been equal, dont you think??

Rich :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went on a nice long journey the other day... managed 240 miles on a tank but it was VERY VERY LOW when I got to the garage. Thought I was gonna have to fish those 10 litres of Optimax that I keep in the boot out at one time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts