Lancer Register Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,185 Posts
problem is the cypriots r lazy bastards, they go to work at 10 then have a siesta at 1 til 4 then back at work til 7 (not sure but its some ****ed up routine thats for sure). by the time they take a break or two they only work like 5 hours, and nothin gets done in 8 round here. :lol:

i wont be sellin my portion of the flats, but more a long term thing, not unless i get offered over 100k's each :smthumbup

the beach in the pic is fig tree bay iirr, and the one on the left is between protaras and paralimni, its very undercover
I recognise Fig Tree Bay now you say! The only time I have seen the sand there is at Christmas, it is so busy in the summer, always full!

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
problem is the cypriots r lazy bastards, they go to work at 10 then have a siesta at 1 til 4 then back at work til 7 (not sure but its some ****ed up routine thats for sure). by the time they take a break or two they only work like 5 hours, and nothin gets done in 8 round here. :lol:

i wont be sellin my portion of the flats, but more a long term thing, not unless i get offered over 100k's each :smthumbup

the beach in the pic is fig tree bay iirr, and the one on the left is between protaras and paralimni, its very undercover
:confused:That's where you are wrong Stelios, builders and workers over here do not go to work at 10 o'clock,not one in a million,and they don't have a three hour brake and they definately don't finish work at seven cause after 17:40 over here there is no day light now in winter! I don't know how you got that impression but builders over here believe me they're far from lazy,at least at my part of the island!You should see how fast they finish a complex of appartments or any other structure in Paphos,it's amazingly quick.Builders in Paphos start work around 7.30 to 8.00 o'clock,they have half an hour to one hour of brake between 12.30 and 1.30 and they finish work around 5.00 o'clock!;)

·
Modulator
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well there is a building going up next to our friends place in kato paphos , the builders try to start at 06.30 each morning but get a polite **** off till 07.30 :eek::angel::mhihi: they are there till 18.00 and seam to work hard , as i said before in this thread there are a lot of buildings going up all around the area so work is fast to accomidate the supply , best thing about these new places is that in a year or two my friend will be there doing the damp course as the way that they are built it soon comes up :shake:.

mike

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
The pic of the Mak looks odd as its either not a Mak and its been made to look like one, or it is , he had a bump and couldnt afford genuine parts:confused:

Front bumper is mishapen and doesnt fit very well as its prob fibreglass, ( bumper and splitter are one piece, not 2 as they should be) bonnet looks odd as its prob carbon or f/glass, the 2 centre vents on the bonnet have no rubber seal around the mesh,. which have to be dropped in from above, aftermarket ones dont. Other than that looks nice and sunny, roll on june!!

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
no mean for offence mario

my builders r never there after 5pm thats for sure, and they take some long arse breaks, though they do make up for it in terms of quality of work.

another thing is, i be lucky if the builders even turn up in the winter, me bein in the construction industry work rain sleet or snow.

i start work at 7 in the mornin, and dont finish til 10, no lunch break no nothin. ;)
No offense taken Stel;),i was just very surprised that you were of that opinion.I'm a teacher in the profession but i'm aso a multi-skilled type of a person and i have worked a couple of moons, as we say over here,in constructions,in Greece where i've studied amd on the island as well when i was over for the summer and we used to start 7.00am up to 8.00pm with half an hour for lunch and that's how it is usually done here during spring and summer,but in winter the builders usually start around 7.00am and finish around 5.00pm and that's how it's been for as long as i can remember.It sounds odd to me that your builders do not work in winter,but i think you should demand fom them to work during the winter period as well!

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
The pic of the Mak looks odd as its either not a Mak and its been made to look like one, or it is , he had a bump and couldnt afford genuine parts:confused:

Front bumper is mishapen and doesnt fit very well as its prob fibreglass, ( bumper and splitter are one piece, not 2 as they should be) bonnet looks odd as its prob carbon or f/glass, the 2 centre vents on the bonnet have no rubber seal around the mesh,. which have to be dropped in from above, aftermarket ones dont. Other than that looks nice and sunny, roll on june!!
Windowlicker your right the bonnet is a carbon one,the bumber as far as i know is a mitsi genuine one,but he might have had an accident and have replaced it with a fiberglass one untill he gets a mitsi one from abroad,when i see him again i'll ask him about it;)

·
Registered
24,450 Posts
Ooh only just saw this thread, nice pics Mike, I have been Cyprus twice now and think its cool :D

Fancy seein me fellow makinen out there :naughty::mitsi: If I come out this year I will give you cypriots a shout as a drinky sounds lovely to me. :crackup:

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
Ooh only just saw this thread, nice pics Mike, I have been Cyprus twice now and think its cool :D

Fancy seein me fellow makinen out there :naughty::mitsi: If I come out this year I will give you cypriots a shout as a drinky sounds lovely to me. :crackup:
Sure when you're over give a shout:smthumbup

41 - 54 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.