Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst surfing, on www.myevo.com, I found this following note. It is a comparison of times of some very fast cars around Hockenheim.

|EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU|
Tuning GP at Hockenheim:
From the Porsche 996 GT3 Techart to the Ferrari 550 Maranello or Honda S2000: The crème de la crème on the track: Eggenberger Motorsports Lancer Evo VI came on the 2nd place in the category 4-doors: After the 400 PS BMW M5. No Mercedes Benz E 430 6.0, no BMW M3, no Subaru Impreza, no Mercedes Benz CLK 5.5... went faster then this white EVO VI...seeing only the flames coming through his exhaust...

AC Schnitzer S5: 1.16.23 min
Evo VI Eggenberger: 1.17.27 min.
MK BMW M3: 1.17.75 min.
Mercedes MKB E 430 6.0: 1.18.35 sec.
DP Impreza GT : 1.18.71min.
DP Audi s4: 1.21.36 sec.
Nissan Skyline GTR: 1.19.70 min.
Maserati Modena 3200 GT: 1.23.81 min.
Ferrari 550 Maranello: 1.27.16 min.

As you can see the EVO shafted everything, except the M5!! Odd that one. I have both, and I doubt the M5 could do that. Mind you, it is the AC Schnitzer S5, which has bigger wheels and fancy electronic suspension, but still.... German boys out there, is Hockenheim full of long straights?? The other surprising stat is how slow the 550 Maranello was! Some 10 seconds slower than the EVO!! Wow....

This isn't the start of a my car is bigger than yours, just curious how this is possible. Doesn't say if the EVO is standard, but it didn't sound like it.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Hockenheim circuit is full of high speed straights and long fast curves. Low downforce setup for the F1 boys.

Eggenberger used to do those Black Texaco sponsored Gp. A RS500's so they know a thing or three about tuning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those times would be from the Hockenheim short circuit, even the F1 boys don't get round the full circuit in that time, its about 4 miles long!!

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys

this is very old news. Those times have been achieved last year during the Tuner GP organized by Sport Auto. This takes place on the small Hockenheim circuit. With the GP circuit the times would be more than a minute more.

The Schnitzer M5 was driven by Manfred Wollgarten, an old German touring car ace and Schnitzer test driver. It's no surprise it was that fast as they tested the car and the setup for four days before they entered the competition. This year they didn't stand a chance with the new M3.

The EVO was driven by Jonnie Hauser, a Swiss touring car ace. The car was bog standard despite exhaust and Sport ECU. No special prep for this event.

They do this event every year combined with the drift challenge. It's always big fun altough this year it was ####ing down and the Jun EVO was very slow in the rain.

And what a surprise Eggenberger set up my car:D. He still has one of those monster Sierra Cossies with more than 500HP down in the garage. I've been there 3 weeks ago and saw it. He always tries to convince me to buy the Motec from him! To map it his shop feature 2! engine dynos which can be used till 14'000 rpm! He also had a very nice multiplate carbon clutch for the EVO but I didn't dare to ask the price as I wanted to keep at least some colour in my face. Everything tempting like Proflex suspension etc is lying around, a dream for every car nutter!

Myevo.com is maintained by one of my closest mates. We're working on a project to compete with a WRC at the Rally Monte Carlo 2002 with Olivier Gillet the Group N winner this year. This will include VIP service, catering for our sponsors and their clients, promotion, watching the mechanics etc. We even hope to get some TV coverage. If anyone is interested in sponsoring (maybe deductable in the UK from taxes!) please let me know.

BTW download the October calendre which features my black Mak.

Cheers

Mike

PS: Sorry went a bit off topic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scoobymike,

The car was bog standard despite exhaust and Sport ECU ... so it was probably running an extra 50bhp or so. That's the strangest definition of bog standard I've ever seen!

I also thought the times looked odd until I realised many of the cars were modified. I would have been surprised at a standard M5 beating a 550 by such a huge margin.

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ian

the car has been quoted with 310HP, not 50hp more as you suggest. We in Switzerland are bit more conservative about power quotes! Strangely it seems you like to have a dig at me. No probs with that if it makes your day.

Compare those mods which can be done for about 1200 quidd to those of the Schnitzer M5. With this money you can't even buy the set of wheels used by Schnitzer so it's appropriate to say its bog standard. If you'd know Eggenberger's reputation you would say it was more than standard!

If you're interested the fastest lap was set by Bernd Mayländer in a TecArt Porker GT in the low 1.12min. Incidentally it uses the same brake setup as described in the movit topic I started in the brake section.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike,

I most definitely wasn't having a dig at you (!?) and I apologise if you interpreted it like that.

The point I was making was that the phrase bog standard is a strange one to use if the car clearly isn't standard. Even 310bhp is a power increase of over 10% which isn't bog standard

Ian.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ian

no offense taken.

This Tuner GP has become such a big thing this year so Sport Auto had to impose some stricter rules. Next to renting the track before the event some tuners also scrabbed down the thread of road tyres to a minimum for optimum grip etc.

At least the Eggenberger EVO won last year's readers car of the year competition. And this in Germany! Can you imagine!

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I told you the Evo is faster than a Ferrari Maranello etc. This is indeed over a year old. 310 bhp is pretty close to std I would say. Of course, if you are used to 107 bhp per litre normally aspired engines, it is very difficult to extract more power and torque for little money. Oh:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Original Post:
I told you the Evo is faster than a Ferrari Maranello etc. This is indeed over a year old. 310 bhp is pretty close to std I would say. Of course, if you are used to 107 bhp per litre normally aspired engines, it is very difficult to extract more power and torque for little money. Oh: http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > hehehe...

[/QUOTE]

... but why should I want to? There are much cheaper ways of making a car go faster around a track than actually modifying it.

You'll have to try harder than that to provoke me Claudius ... I'm in too good a mood at the moment [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Ian.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts